In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help.
Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation.
Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This Issue’s Table of Contents
- What Do Chiropractors Do?
- Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
- Brain Health
- Nourishing Traditions
- What Do Chiropractors Do?
- Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
- Brain Health
- Nourishing Traditions
- Gardasil (HPV) Vaccine Linked to Destruction of Ovaries
- Researching Chiropractic
- Did You Know?
- Success Story
In This issue…
Back to basics: what do chiropractors do? Any why would an infant see a chiropractor? Here are some great ways to promote brain health and avoid Alzheimer’s disease and dementia and more miracles of chiropractic care. And did you know Doctors of Chiropractic were jailed for the crime of getting people well without drugs and surgery?
What Do Chiropractors Do?
Chiropractors are specially trained in locating and correcting tiny distortions that interfere with energy and information traveling over your nervous system and body. These distortions, referred to as subluxations, can occur as a result of any kind of stress: physical, emotional or chemical (toxins, etc.).
The most important thing to remember is that most subluxations are painless. You may have many in your body and not know it.
Chiropractors spend thousands of hours learning how to locate and correct these health-damaging distortions in your body.
For a healthier pregnancy, infancy, childhood, adolescence and adulthood, keep your body free of subluxations: see your chiropractor for periodic checkups.
Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
Question: How do infants benefit from chiropractic care?
Chiropractic for infants? They have back pain? Infants need chiropractic care to ensure that the stress of labor and delivery hasn’t damaged their spines and structural systems. In addition, nearly half of all babies have had a fall from a height (changing table, bed, etc.). Chiropractic helps ensure a baby has better resistance to disease and the ability to discharge toxins, and helps a baby who is ill return to health more quickly.
There are many case histories of chiropractic helping babies and children with asthma, colic, difficulty breastfeeding, ear infections, autism spectrum disorder, vision and hearing disorders, and neurological conditions. (1-4)
Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia are growing at an epidemic rate. The Alzheimer’s Association says that more than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. By 2050 that number could rise to as high as 16 million! What is fueling the increase? Toxicity!
The main sources of toxicity and the resultant inflammation come from dental infections (root canals, wisdom teeth sockets, mercury), vaccinations (especially flu shots) and poor diet (especially refined sugars, MSG and unhealthy fats and oils).
Conversely, healthy fats and oils fight inflammation and toxicity, improve your blood sugar, promote healthy weight and are good for your brain. See below for more information on healthy and unhealthy fats and oils.
Nourishing Traditions – Oops!
Did you hear the “Oops!” coming from nutritionists who kept telling people to avoid animal fats and saturated fats and have a low-fat diet? It turns out low-fat diets were making people physically and mentally unhealthy.
Low-fat diets are associated with depression, hormone imbalances, psychological problems, fatigue, osteoporosis, violence and suicide. (5)
The more saturated fat one ate, the more cholesterol one ate, the more calories one ate, the lower the person's serum cholesterol…. We found that the people who ate the most cholesterol, ate the most saturated fat, ate the most calories, weighed the least and were the most physically active. (6)
If you follow the advice below you’ll be healthier, more energetic and thinner (yes, thinner). Dr. Weston Price discovered good fats were very high in the diets of healthy, primitive peoples who had no cancer, diabetes or heart disease. For Dr. Price’s research go to www.westonaprice.org.
EAT PLENTY OF THESE GOOD FATS!
- Butter – on bread, vegetables, everything!
- Cream – on everything!
- Tallow (beef fat), lard, bacon fat, duck fat and goose fat – great for cooking
- Olive oil – for salad dressings and to pour over vegetables
- Coconut oil – for cooking and making “bulletproof” coffee
- Cod liver oil – for vitamins A and D
AVOID THESE BAD FATS (they’re toxic)!
- Industrially processed liquid vegetable oils (corn, soy, canola, safflower, sunflower)
- “Healthy” fake butter spreads
- Partially hydrogenated vegetables oils (margarine and shortening)
- Commercial fried foods
- All processed foods containing industrial fats and oils
Gardasil (HPV) Vaccine Linked to Destruction of Ovaries
Disturbing reports of ovarian failure (premature menopause) in young women after the HPV shot are appearing in the medical literature. Recently the case of a 16-year-old Australian girl whose ovaries were destroyed after the HPV shot appeared in the British Medical Journal:
This patient presented with amenorrhoea [lack of menstruation] … following vaccinations against human papillomavirus.... Premature ovarian failure was notified as a possible adverse event following this vaccination. (7)
Merck, the developer of the vaccine, did not do any safety research to see what Gardasil could do to the ovaries.
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seems to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Neck pain and arm tingling. A 28-year-old man came to the chiropractor’s office with neck pain, right-hand numbness and nerve sensations that he had been suffering with for five months.
The chiropractic examination revealed a subluxation of the C1 (atlas) vertebra, as well as the C2 and C5 vertebra.
The patient received nine chiropractic adjustments over 1½ months. By the eighth visit he reported resolution of the neck pain and hand paresthesia. (8)
Colic and failure to thrive. A 3½-month-old girl with severe infantile colic, poor weight gain and breastfeeding difficulties was diagnosed with failure to thrive.
MDs prescribed Zantac®, Prevacid® and Kerafe® medications for acid reflux with no improvements. She was hospitalized for a few days due to weight lost early in the first month of her life.
She received eight chiropractic adjustments. The pediatrician at follow-up saw she had gained weight and referral to a gastrointestinal specialist was cancelled. (9)
Infertility and back pain. A 30-year-old female nurse began chiropractic care. Her main complaint was infertility but she also reported headaches, low back pain (LBP) and middle back pain (MBP).
One year earlier she had been diagnosed with infertility. She was taking Clomid® (100mg throughout days 5-9 of her cycle) for infertility and was working with a midwife. She had also received previous chiropractic care.
The patient also demonstrated vertebral subluxations, a loss of all sagittal spinal curves and leg length inequality.
After 30 chiropractic visits she reported having conceived. Her care was reduced to a maintenance schedule of two times a month to keep her spine free from subluxations. She also reported decreases in all pain areas and an improvement in quality of life as noted on several indices of the SF-36. (10)
Did You Know?
Early chiropractors were arrested for practicing “medicine and surgery without a license” even though they performed neither medicine nor surgery. The medical profession had the laws written up to restrict all healing to MDs.
Chiropractors practiced in violation of these unfair state laws and were usually turned in to the district attorney’s offices by local MDs. At times patients actually picketed the courthouse or juries would refuse to convict the chiropractor. However often chiropractors were fined and/or imprisoned. Chiropractors and the public lobbied for laws protecting the chiropractic profession which were eventually passed in every state.
DD Palmer, (pictured left) the discoverer of chiropractic, was one of those who were jailed for giving spinal adjustments.
Finger and Hand Numbness and Arm Pain
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome and Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
I was diagnosed with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome and Cubital Tunnel Syndrome last year after months of finger and hand numbness and arm pain. For months I had to limit time driving, doing computer work and other activities.
My Dr recommended I get surgery for the TOS, but I was hesitant due to the risks of the particular surgery.
After seeing Dr. Horning and Dr. Fitzgerald for 3 months the pain has almost completely disappeared, and I am working and doing other activities without having to take breaks. Dr. Horning also greatly improved my moderate scoliosis and overall posture.
I would recommend Dr. Horning and Dr. Fitzgerald in a heart beat!
- Julie G.
Where did the music teacher leave her keys?
In the piano.
What did Beethoven say to Johann Sebastian when he was helping him parallel park?
“Bach it up.”
What is the musical part of a snake?
What kind of music are balloons afraid of?
Which composer likes tea the most?
How did the turkey win the talent show?
With his drum-sticks.
C, E-flat, and G walk into a bar.
The bartender shows them the door and says, “Sorry, we don’t serve minors.”
What’s an avocado’s favorite music?
Guac ‘n’ roll.
What do you get when you drop a piano down a mineshaft?
What do you call a cow that can play a musical instrument?
What do you call a musician with problems?
A trebled man.
What’s a golf clubs favorite type of music?
Why did the pianist keep banging his head against the keys?
He was playing by ear.
What is Beethoven doing now?
Why shouldn’t you let kids watch big band performances on TV?
Too much sax and violins.
- Cuhel JM, Powell M. Chiropractic management of an infant patient experiencing colic and difficulty breast-feeding: a case report. Journal of Clinical Chiropractic Pediatrics. 1997;2(2):150-154.
- Harris SL, Wood KW. Resolution of infantile Erb's palsy utilizing chiropractic treatment. JMPT. 1993;16:415-418.
- Toto BJ. Chiropractic correction of congenital muscular torticollis. JMPT. 1993;16:556-559.
- Gutmann G. The atlas fixation syndrome in the baby and infant. Manuelle Medizin. 1987;25:5-10.
- Wells AS, Read NW et al. Alterations in mood after changing to a low-fat diet. British Medical Journal. 1998;79(1):23-30.
- Castelli W. Concerning the possibility of a nut. Archives of Internal Medicine. 1992;152(7):1371-1372.
- Little DT, Ward HRG. Premature ovarian failure 3 years after menarche in a 16-year-old girl following human papillomavirus vaccination. BMJ Case Reports 2012. doi:10.1136/bcr-2012-006879.
- Herman C, Pitts M. Resolution of neck pain and upper extremity paresthesia in a 28-year-old male following Blair Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care to reduce vertebral subluxation: a case study & review of the literature. Journal of Upper Cervical Chiropractic Research. May 3, 2018:19-25.
- Shtulman I, Alcantara J. Resolution of failure to thrive, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), infantile colic & breastfeeding difficulties following chiropractic care to reduce vertebral subluxation: case study & review of literature. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic. June 7, 2018:53-56.
- Anderson J, Oakley PA, Harrison D. Resolution of infertility in a 30-year-old following Chiropractic care to correct vertebral subluxation utilizing chiropractic biophysics: a case study. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic. April 26, 2018:34-39.