April 1, 2017
In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation. Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This issue’s table of contents
- Is It Really a Medical Breakthrough?
- Chiropractic – Many Levels of Healing
- Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
- Traditional Eating
- Baseball and Chiropractic
- Did You Know?
- Researching Chiropractic
- Warning – Step Away from That Computer
- Success Story
Is it Really a Medical Breakthrough?
Every week media headlines tell us about another “medical breakthrough” whether it be for cancer, autism, depression, Alzheimer’s, obesity, glaucoma, the common cold or hangnails. But then a funny thing happens – we don’t hear about it anymore. Our lives go on and so do the diseases. What happened?
It turns out that most of the “breakthroughs” are fake news (to coin a phrase). Why? Because it sells. Who doesn’t hope that they (whoever they are) will finally cure (fill in the blank)? And we read all about it.
Recently researchers did something the media doesn’t often do – they did follow-ups of the so-called cures. They were found to be just so much hot air. They couldn’t be replicated by other scientists. (1)
In an interview, lead author Dumas-Mallet's advises: "When a study is an initial study, even if it's very exciting and amazing … it still needs to be confirmed." (2)
Remember Ronald Reagan’s famous dictum, “Trust, but verify.”
Chiropractic – Many Levels of Healing
Chiropractic care can help your body function in many ways. Chiropractic can help promote detoxification, relaxation, emotional healing and a deeper connection to oneself and others.
Chiropractic care helps people become more physically balanced. This often increases their energy and permits them to relax – both physically and emotionally.
The mental/emotional benefits of chiropractic have been noticed since chiropractic’s inception. Correcting subluxations was noticed to improve mental function and relieve depression.
One of the most powerful phenomenon of healing is retracing, – where old pains, diseases or trauma come “to the surface” to be released. Retracing is one of the signs of complete healing and even though it may be (temporarily) uncomfortable, it leaves in its wake a stronger, healthier, happier person.
Start (or jump start) your healing journey with chiropractic to begin a healthier all-around lifestyle. Let your chiropractor be your healthy lifestyle coach.
Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
Q. Why stay subluxation-free?
A. The chiropractic profession that was founded by Dr. DD Palmer in 1895 is based on the fact that internal structural distortions called subluxations can cause serious health problems.
Subluxations stress your nervous system and interfere with communication among your organs, glands, muscles and other body parts – including your brain and your immune system.
Subluxations can be caused by any trauma: difficult birth, falls, accidents, emotional upset, chemical toxicity, overwork or a combination of factors (i.e. physical, chemical or emotional stress while you are tired, overworked, malnourished, etc.).
People sometimes ask how chiropractic can improve their health. The answers depend on whom you ask. For example, a woman now free of monthly pain may say, “Chiropractic is for menstrual problems.” A pregnant woman may say, “Chiropractic is for a comfortable pregnancy.” A mother whose child was helped may say, “Chiropractic is for ear infections (or fevers or asthma or colic).” A teacher may say, “Chiropractic is for dyslexia, vision and learning disorders.” Another person may say “Chiropractic is for headaches,” while still others may declare chiropractic is for back aches, hearing problems, disc problems, arthritis, high or low blood pressure or a host of other problems.
Others use chiropractic as a way to maximize sports performance, improve overall health, and enhance balance, strength and fitness.
In addition to all of the above, chiropractic can help everyone live a drug-free, healthy lifestyle.
Subluxations are epidemic in our society; most people have subluxations and don’t know it. For that reason, everyone needs periodic chiropractic checkups.
Raw milk that is not pasteurized or homogenized and is from grass-fed pastured cows is one of nature’s perfect foods. Raw milk is good for you because it contains many components that kill pathogens and strengthen the immune system. These components are largely inactivated by the heat of pasteurization and ultra-pasteurization. For further information on milk, go to http://www.realmilk.com/safety/real-milk-powerpoint/. To learn about healthy eating, go to the Weston A. Price Foundation at www.westonaprice.org.
Raw milk stimulates the immune system, builds a healthy gut wall, prevents absorption of pathogens and toxins in the gut and ensures assimilation of all the nutrients.
Baseball and Chiropractic
It’s baseball time. And what better way to improve a team’s performance than chiropractic care!
Minnesota Twins pitcher Kyle Gibson has seen the chiropractic light. Gibson described the problem by saying, "There were a couple starts where I didn't sit down in between innings because if I sat down, my hips just got tight."
The Twins relief pitcher, Trevor May, also suffered back problems. At first, he saw the chiropractor occasionally, with limited results, but after getting more regular adjustments, his condition greatly improved. “My hips were really, really out of line. Seeing a chiropractor consistently has helped me make sure I'm getting readjusted and staying in line as much as possible."
The Florida Marlins pitchers Adam Conley, Jarred Cosart and Wei-Yin Chen also receive chiropractic care to improve their game. Chen, who signed an $80-million-dollar contract with the Marlins commented how chiropractic helps him by saying that he "...noticed a huge difference in recovery time between pitching days."
Chiropractic care brings balance, strength and coordination by correcting subluxations and removing or reducing interference. With greater balance and nerve communication athletes under chiropractic care can perform at their highest level. (3)
Did You Know?
- Blind people can only dream in smells, sounds and feelings. Those who are born blind don't see in their dreams.
- Dr. Seuss’s first book was rejected 27 times. He was ready to give up but bumped into a friend on the street who’d just begun working in publishing. Seuss said that if he’d been walking on the other side of the street, he probably would never have been a children’s author.
- Twinstrangers.com is a website where you can register to find your lookalike from anywhere in the world by uploading photos, selecting your facial features and looking through matches.
- Studies show that people decide if you’re trustworthy, adventurous, successful, smart, extroverted or likeable within 3 seconds of meeting you.
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seems to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
High blood pressure, pain and loss of smell after auto accidents. A 58-year-old woman developed high blood pressure as well as right shoulder, right shoulder blade and mid-back pain after a car accident a month before her visit. The case history revealed that she also had lost her sense of smell (anosmia) nine years earlier, after a previous auto accident.
She was under chiropractic care for six months during which time she had 84 visits. Her sense of smell returned after five months of chiropractic care. In addition, she reported a significant decrease in pain from her original chief complaint of right shoulder, right scapular and mid-back pain since her previous auto accident. (4)
Epilepsy. A 22-year-old female presented with primary complaints of daily headaches and seizures occurring nearly every three days, and lasting for periods varying from several minutes up to an hour. She was diagnosed with epilepsy three years prior. Previous to chiropractic care, she had been treated with Vimpat™ for seizure activity and Topomax™ for migraine headaches. The Vimpat™ didn’t help so her prescription was changed to Keppra™ but her seizures continued without any change.
Orthopedic, heat and x-ray analysis revealed the location and direction of upper cervical (neck) subluxations which were adjusted. Over the course of 14 office visits, the patient was adjusted 13 times.
Upon re-examination, the patient reported that since beginning care she had not experienced any headaches and that seizure activity had ceased entirely. (5)
Poor posture in an 85-year-old man. An 85-year-old male patient presented to a chiropractic office with a chief complaint of difficulty walking and poor posture. He had difficulty in standing up from a chair with no arms, and was also unsteady on his feet. The patient was receiving medical care from various physicians for pre-existing health problems.
Various chiropractic techniques were used to analyze and correct subluxations found in the cervical, thoracic and lumbar regions.
Over the course of chiropractic care the patient was able to get up from a chair with ease and had noticeable improvements in posture, gait, balance and coordination. He was able to decrease his prescription medication usage. (6)
Warning – Step Away from That Computer!
Yes, it’s the posture police. Well, don’t worry, we won’t arrest you; this is something to do for yourself.
If you’ve been reading this at your computer (or even a hand-held device), step away from that computer keyboard or device and straighten up.
Give yourself a rejuvenating office stretch. Here’s how you do it: stand facing the corner of a room, raise your hands to shoulder height and place your elbows, forearms and hands against each wall. Now lean inward and hold the stretch to flex your chest and back muscles. Hold for 15 seconds.
Now don’t you feel better?
Neck and Back Pain, Low Energy, Sleep
As with the many people Dr Horning has helped, I too did not realize how sick I really was.
I met Dr Horning through my wife whom works in the medical field herself. Having gone to Chiropractors in the past, I brought with me my bias against it.
After humming happy birthday, karate chops to the chest I was finding it hard to deny the results; neck and back pain relief, higher energy level, somehow I have grown taller over time and my gait changed.
I was also getting better sleep and others noticed and treated me differently. At moments it has been difficult. I have since grown to have a fear of turning into that sick boy I used to be.
So if you’re anything like me, it won’t matter what I have written here RESULTS that’s what matters. Give a little time and you will see them as I did/do.
- Why is it that lemon juice contains mostly artificial ingredients but dishwashing liquid contains real lemons?
- Why buy a product that it takes 2000 flushes to get rid of?
- Why do we wait until a pig is dead to "cure" it?
- Why do we wash bath towels? Aren't we clean when we use them?
- Why do we put suits in a garment bag and put garments in a suitcase?
- Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
- Do Roman paramedics refer to IV's as "4's"?
- Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?
- If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?
- Should you trust a stockbroker who's married to a travel agent?
1. Harris R. Reports of medical breakthroughs don't prove out. Health News from NPR. March 6, 2017. http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/03/06/518802242/reports-of...
2. Dumas-Mallet E, Smith A, Boraud T, Gonon F. Poor replication validity of biomedical association studies reported by newspapers. Published February 21, 2017. http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0172650
3. Berardino M. Twins pitchers now well-adjusted: Gibson, May opt for chiropractic care to remain ready for the mound. Published April 9, 2016. http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports/baseball/4006156-twins-pitchers-...
4. Carney CL, MacCarthy M, Girdis DC. Resolution of post-traumatic anosmia following Network Spinal Analysis care: a case study. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. February 27, 2017:8-14.
5. Hartenburg M, Denton A. Resolution of seizures & improvement in quality of life in a 22-year-old female with epilepsy following upper cervical chiropractic care. Journal of Upper Cervical Chiropractic Research. February 23, 2017:8-11.
6. Moseson N. Improved gait, balance and coordination in an 85-year-old male undergoing subluxation based chiropractic care: a case study. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. February 9, 2017:1-4.