In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation. Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This Issue’s Table of Contents
- How Does Chiropractic Help Women?
- Questions and Answers
- Traditional Eating
- Bugs, Germs and Viri – Oh My!
- Did You Know?
- Researching Chiropractic
- Success Story
In This Issue…
All women in all times of their lives¾infancy, childhood, puberty, pregnancy, labor, delivery and menopause benefit from chiropractic care. Wow¾do men have so many “times” in their lives? Did you ever wonder why pregnant women crave pickles and sauerkraut? But all of us, men and women, are students and chiropractic is also especially good for students. And, of course, lots of chiropractic research¾and don't forget our great humor section (with a bonus).
How Does Chiropractic Help Women?
Since chiropractic’s inception spinal care and adjustments have been a blessing to millions of women of all ages.
Chiropractic helps girls grow into healthy women and has helped women with menstrual problems as well as many other conditions.
Pregnant women are able to be analyzed and adjusted throughout the (hopefully) 9 months and the result is an easier pregnancy and delivery. Late in the pregnancy some modifications to posture and position are considered.
How does chiropractic help? The pelvic area receives an intense amount of nerve communications from the spinal column. The nerves that exit the brain and travel down your spine branch off to the ovaries, uterus, fallopian tubes, kidneys, adrenal glands and other internal organs. All these organs (and many more) need a healthy, uninterrupted nerve supply to function properly.
The role of the chiropractor is to make sure there are no distortions, blockages, subluxations and other forms of nerve interference in your spine.
There are many clinical studies showing chiropractic helps women with menstrual pain and discomfort, menstrual irregularities, sexual function, fertility, pregnancy and menopause. (1-3)
Eat Fermented Foods Every Day
Do you eat a pickle with your food? You should eat that and more! Our ancestors, as well as many people in cultures all over the world today, would never think of having a meal without including a fermented food.
They were very wise. Research tells us that in order to ensure a healthy gut, fermented foods such as sauerkraut, kefir, kim-chi, kombucha, kvass, pickles and more are essential. These foods are important for optimal physical and brain function because they improve intestinal health. Among the many studies showing the benefits is this one:
The consumption of fermented foods may be particularly relevant to the emerging research linking traditional dietary practices and positive mental health... It is our contention that properly controlled fermentation may often amplify the specific nutrient and phytochemical content of foods, the ultimate value of which may be associated with mental health; furthermore, we also argue that the microbes (for example, Lactobacillus and Bifidobacteria species) associated with fermented foods may also influence brain health via direct and indirect pathways. (4)
While we’re on the subject of fermented foods, please keep in mind that the number of bacteria and other microorganisms in your intestine (gut microbiota) is ten times the number of cells in your body. You are more ‘them’ than ‘you'! If you include the mitochondria that are found in every cell that are believed to be from ancient bacteria then what you think of as you is a small part of your entire being. Isn’t life amazing?
You need a healthy balance of life forms in your gut. They are your friends. If their balance is off¾that is, too many of one, not enough of the other—your physical and mental health will suffer.
Studies have shown that when the gut microbiota is changed by drugs (such as antibiotics) this causes your immune system to malfunction triggering an autoimmune disorder. That is why children should be kept as antibiotic free as possible¾especially newborns and babies.
Bugs, Germs and Viri – Oh My!
There are millions of people throughout the world who are in desperate need of a chiropractic adjustment. Many people’s very lives may depend on their seeing a chiropractor. And yet, because of their ignorance or misconceptions about this field of healthcare, such people will never benefit from its healing power.
Chiropractic’s purpose is to bring the body into harmony and balance with its internal environment and bring the person into harmony and balance with their external environment.
We breathe in millions of microorganisms from our external environment and balance them with the millions, billions and trillions of microorganisms already in our body. When they are in balance, they provide excellent immunity. All these microorganisms actually keep your body and mind functioning at its optimum.
When a chiropractor adjusts your body to release subluxations, your immune system works. Chiropractic improves your physical and mental function.
Questions and Answers
Q. Can chiropractic help students get better grades?
A. Yes! Chiropractic has been shown to improve concentration, attention span, grades and interpersonal behavior. Chiropractic has even been shown to increase IQ, coordination and self-esteem along with overall body function. (5-7)
Did You Know?
- Spaghetto, confetto and graffito are the singular forms of spaghetti, confetti and graffiti.
- An adult bear has 42 teeth: 4 prominent and curved canines, 12 incisors, 16 premolars, and 10 molars. A bear’s claws are relatively shorter than their teeth.
- 1 in 500 people has an extra rib. This is known as the cervical rib and it comes from the seventh cervical vertebra and is located above the normal first rib.
- The fortune cookie was invented in San Francisco in the early 1890s.
- The oldest English still in use is ‘town.’ The first dictionary took note of this in 1755.
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seem to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Eczema, allergies and insomnia. A 4-year-old boy suffering from eczema, allergies and insomnia was brought to a chiropractic office. He had a full body rash that lasted for a year and a half. His parents applied topical steroid creams and hydroxyzine to try to alleviate the symptoms, but they were of limited help.
Chiropractic examination revealed the child had vertebral subluxations. Further testing using surface electromyography and thermal scamming demonstrated that his nervous system was indeed under stress.
After two months of chiropractic care the mother reported a dramatic decrease in eczema symptoms and severity. She added that her child was happier, more engaged in playing, with less allergic reactions and sleeping better. (8)
Low heart rate, fatigue, lightheadedness. A 74-year-old woman visited her neighborhood chiropractic clinic complaining of a low heart rate for 4 months duration. She was also experiencing fatigue and lightheadedness.
Chiropractic X-ray examination revealed an upper cervical (neck) subluxation. Over an 8-week period the patient was seen for 20 office visits and during that time she received six adjustments.
She reported improvement of her heart rate and symptoms of fatigue and dizziness after the third adjustment. Later X-rays showed a reduction in the upper cervical subluxation. (9)
Frozen shoulder. A 68-year-old man began chiropractic care who had been previously diagnosed with “frozen shoulder.” His problems were complicated by degeneration of the joins in the neck and in the shoulder joint (degenerative joint disease or DJD). Vertebral subluxations were analyzed and located.
Chiropractic care corrected spinal subluxations. The patient showed an increase in range of motion of the left shoulder and also experienced decreased pain. (10)
Trigeminal Neuralgia (Face Pain)
My experience with Dr. Horning has been fantastic. I have trigeminal neuralgia which is a very painful condition. Dr. Horning with his knowledge and education has helped me to feel much better. I am early in my treatment but I am confident that I will be completely cured!! I highly recommend Dr. Horning and his staff. They are the best!! S.C.
Why Teachers Drink
The following questions were seen in a GED examination of 18-year-olds.
Q. Name the four seasons.
A. Salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar.
Q. How is dew formed?
A. The sun shines down on the leaves and makes them perspire.
Q. What guarantees may a mortgage company insist on?
A. If you are buying a house they will insist that you are well endowed.
Q. In a democratic society, how important are elections?
A. Very important. Sex can only happen when a male gets an election.
Q. What are steroids?
A. Things for keeping carpets still on the stairs. (Shoot yourself now, there is little hope.)
Q. What happens to your body as you age?
A. When you get old, so do your bowels and you get intercontinental.
Q. What happens to a boy when he reaches puberty?
A. He says goodbye to his boyhood and looks forward to his adultery.
Q. Name a major disease associated with cigarettes.
A. Premature death.
1. Leboeuf-Yde C, Axen I, Ahlefeldt G et al. The types and frequencies of nonmusculoskeletal symptoms reported after chiropractic spinal manipulative therapy. JMPT. 1999;22(9):559-564.
2. Browning JE. Distractive manipulation protocols in treating the mechanically induced pelvic pain and organic dysfunction patient. Chiropractic Technique. 1995;7(1):1-11.
3. Browning JE. The mechanically induced pelvic pain and organic dysfunction syndrome: an often overlooked cause of bladder, bowel, gynecological, and sexual dysfunction. J Neuromusculoskeletal System. 1996;4(2):52-66.
4. Selhub EM, Logan AC, Bested AC. Fermented foods, microbiota, and mental health: ancient practice meets nutritional psychiatry. J Physiological Anthropology. 2014;33(1):2.
5. Mathews MO. Pilot study on the value of applied kinesiology in helping children with learning disabilities. J New Zealand Register of Osteopaths. 1993;6:21-23.
6. Ferreri CA, Wainwright RB. Breakthrough for dyslexia and learning disabilities Author: Exposition Press of Florida, Inc. 1986.
7. Carrick FR. Changes in brain function after manipulation of the cervical spine. JMPT. 1997;20(8):29-45.
8. Knowles DM, Knowles RM, Sunakawa K. Improvement in eczema, allergies, insomnia and quality of life in a four-year-old child following chiropractic: a case report & review of the literature. J Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic. February 8, 2021:5-10.
9. Osborne C, Rauch B. Improvement in heart rate, heart rate variability & reduction in dysautonomia in a 74-year-old female undergoing upper cervical chiropractic care: a case report & review of the literature. J Upper Cervical Chiropractic Research. January 27, 2021:1-9.
10. Drzewiecki M. Resolution of frozen shoulder in a 68-year-old male following chiropractic care: a case study. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. July 19, 2020:93-102.