December 1, 2017
In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation. Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This issue’s table of contents
- Your Inner Healer, Let It Out
- Did You Know?
- CDC Admits There Is No Science Behind The Annual Flu Vaccine
- Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
- Traditional Eating
- Fluoride, Rat Poison And Cavities
- Researching Chiropractic
- Success Story
Your Inner Healer – Let It Out
I desired to know why one person was ailing and his associate, eating at the same table, working in the same shop...was not. Why? What difference was there in the two persons that caused one to have [disease] while his partner...escaped? Why? (1) D.D. Palmer, Founder of Chiropractic
Are you healthy if you feel good? If you said, “Yes,” ask yourself if you ever felt good one day and then came down with a cold, the flu or some other condition the next.
What about people who “feel good” one moment and have a heart attack or stroke the next? It’s obvious that health is much more than how you feel. So, what is health? Health is your ability to adapt to or handle physical, chemical and emotional stress without losing your physical, chemical and emotional balance.
Your Innate Intelligence
What does adaptation look like inside you? It’s thousands of different chemicals being balanced every second, millions of cells dying every second, millions being born every second and billions of nerves firing messages to every part of your body every second. Your lunch is somehow turned into eye, muscle, heart, bone, skin and blood; damaged tissues are being repaired; blood vessel linings are being smoothed; germs and tumors are being destroyed; and all the things that your cells produce are being monitored and balanced while you read a book, sleep or run a race.
What Keeps Track of All This Activity?
A wondrous intelligence organizes this activity. As Lewis Thomas, MD writes in The Medusa and the Snail, “[There is] a kind of super intelligence that exists in each of us, infinitely smarter and possessed of technical knowledge far beyond our present understanding.’’ (2) Chiropractic refers to this as our innate (inborn) intelligence. With it running things, your body is a complicated, living, adapting, growing being – without it, you would be no more than a pile of chemicals worth a few dollars.
How Does Your Inner Wisdom Communicate with Your body?
There is a part of your body that is especially intimate with your inner wisdom: your nervous system, composed of your brain, spinal cord and the billions of nerves that emerge from them. Your nervous system touches every nook and cranny of your body, and your innate intelligence uses this vast communications system to organize your billions of parts into a healthy, adapting, living being. (3) True health or adaptation can only emerge when your innate intelligence can communicate to your body parts without interference or “static.”
A complete loss of communication happens in death; a partial loss results in a general deterioration of health – or “dis-ease” – you are less alive and less able to cope with life’s stresses. Eventually a dis-eased state turns into disease conditions. (4)
Subluxations are a common, often painless condition that stresses your spine and nervous system and causes “static,” dis-ease or body malfunction. Doctors of Chiropractic spend years
of training learning how to locate and correct your subluxations, freeing your body from dis-ease and helping you better reconnect to your inner healer. Make sure you are free of subluxations – visit your chiropractor.
Did You Know?
- Coca-Cola originally contained cocaine?
- Toilets account for 35% of indoor water use?
- Your foot has 26 bones in it?
- The average human brain contains around 78% water?
- 1 nautical knot equates to 1.852 Kph (1.150 mph)?
- Every day is a holiday somewhere in the world?
- French fries are originally from Belgium?
CDC Admits There is No Science Behind the Flu Vaccine
Through all of her years of medical training Cammy Benton, MD said the only thing she was taught with regard to vaccines were that they were “safe and effective” and to discard the vaccine inserts, as they were all “lawyer jargon.”
But she began to ask questions about the science behind the flu shot, and even asked a senior CDC official about it at an event. She found no credible studies backing up the science behind the flu shot.
When she called the CDC about it, the CDC admitted there was no science confirming the effectiveness of the flu vaccine, it was simply “all we have” to combat the flu season.
Dr. Benton then asked why hospitals were not requiring ALL medical personnel to wear face masks during the flu season, since the CDC was admitting the flu vaccine was not effective.
The person at the CDC hung up and the next Monday Dr. Benton was presented with a four-month severance pay. She states that this was the best “vacation” she could have received at that time, because she spent every day studying about vaccines.
Watch the video interview and read the rest at http://vaccineimpact.com/2017/dr-cammy-benton-cdc-admits-there-is-no-science-behind-the-annual-flu-vaccine/
Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
Question: What causes your subluxations?
Answer: Subluxations are caused by a stress that overwhelms your body such as:
• A difficult birth or delivery
• An auto accident
• A fall no matter how long ago (even as a toddler)
• Bad posture
• Eating junk food (chemical stress)
• Using the same body position over and over at work or play (repetitive strain injury)
• Emotional tension
• Pushing yourself too hard
• Being a couch potato
• Dental work
• Drug use, medications
• Working in an awkward position
• A mild jar when you’re unprepared
• An emotional shock when your energy is low
• Long car rides
Traditional Eating – What We Stopped Doing
Our ancestors did it for hundreds and thousands of generations. It’s prized in all cultures. What is it? Eating fats.
Here’s an example: when Eskimos (Inuit) catch game such as seal, caribou, bear, etc. they prize the liver and internal organs and give the lean muscle meat to their dogs.
This diet is found all over the world. Even today many cultures still prize the health qualities of organ meats, i.e. chopped liver, sweetbreads (thymus or pancreas), Scottish haggis (heart, liver, lung pudding), sausage from many cultures, British bangers, Irish shepherds’ pie – there are many similar dishes all over the world.
It seems to be the opposite with modern society. And yet lean meats were always considered less important and less nutritious than the fatty organ meats. It’s true, organ meats have far more nutrients.
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seems to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Hypothyroidism and irritable bowel, lower back. A 34-year-old woman visited a chiropractic office complaining of low back, hip and upper back pain. She also reported that she was medically diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome and secondary hypothyroidism.
Chiropractic analysis revealed subluxations that were causing nervous system imbalance (dysautonomia). Chiropractic adjustments corrected her subluxations. After two months of care, the patient’s thyroid function test showed improvement and she was able to stop her medication. Additionally, she reported improvement in her irritable bowel syndrome, low back, hip and upper back pain. (5)
Placental insufficiency and fetal growth restriction. A 29-year-old female, who was 32 weeks pregnant, presented for chiropractic care because she was concerned about a diagnosis of placental insufficiency and delayed fetal growth that was given after an ultrasound examination. There is no medical treatment for this condition.
However, chiropractic analysis revealed subluxations in her cervical spine (neck), sacrum and pelvis. She had eight visits over a three-week period to correct her subluxations. On the day after her first visit she had another ultrasound that revealed normal placental blood flow and normal fetal growth rate. She was able to carry the baby to 37 weeks permitting the fetus 3 to 4 more weeks of growth. (6)
Sleep bruxism in a 9-year-old. A 9-year-old boy with a 4-year history of sleep bruxism was presented for chiropractic care. He was found to have vertebral subluxations throughout his spine.
Chiropractic care to correct subluxations led to a reported reduction in sleep bruxism and an objective improvement in posture as well. (7)
Heart rate variability and chiropractic. The timing between heart beats should vary beat-to-beat. That is called heart rate variability (HRV). The more HRV, the greater a person’s health. Low HRV has been linked to physical and emotional dis-ease or body malfunction.
Analysis of the beat-to-beat intervals (heart rate variability) has been used to evaluate the nervous system balance between the sympathetic and parasympathetic divisions. Analysis of beat-to- beat variability is a simple, non-invasive technique to evaluate autonomic dysfunction and may be a tool to assess the changes in autonomic activity associated with the reduction and correction of vertebral subluxations. A search of the relevant literature found that some controlled studies suggest that very thing: chiropractic care may improve heart rate variability in a positive way – meaning that nervous system function improves.
The author writes, “Vertebral subluxations may result in altered autonomic nervous system activity. Heart rate variability is a reliable and valid tool that may be used to assess the changes in autonomic activity associated with the reduction and correction of vertebral subluxations.” (8)
Hot Flashes and Night Sweats
I am a female in my mid-fifties and have been suffering for several years with hot flashes and night sweats. I was getting on average about 5 to 6 hot flashes per day and about 3 night sweats per night until I asked Dr. Horning for help. I was desperate.
I wasn’t sleeping and I was miserable. I went to see Dr. Horning 3 times per week for about 3 weeks and my hot flashes and night sweats have STOPPED! I haven’t gotten any in weeks! I feel so much better, and I am finally sleeping again!
Thank you Dr. Horning for giving me my life back and my sanity! Mariann T.
Reasons Why the English Language
is So Hard to Learn
1) The bandage was wound around the wound.
2) The farm was used to produce produce.
3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4) We must polish the Polish furniture.
5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
8) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
10) I did not object to the object.
Please write or stop by and give us your feedback. Are there any subjects you’d like to hear about? Anything you dislike? Feedback is always important to us. And, of course, if you’d like hard copies of this newsletter stop by the office and we’ll give you some for your friends and relatives. If they have email, have them write to us and we’ll add them to our subscriber list.
1. Palmer DD. The science, art and philosophy of chiropractic. Portland, OR: Portland Printing House. 1910.
2. Thomas L. The Medusa and The Snail. New York: Bantam Books. 1983;96.
3. Ornstein R, Sobel D. The brain as a health maintenance organization In R. Ornstein & S. Swencionis (Eds.), The Healing Brain, A Scientific Reader. New York: Guilford Press. 1990;11.
4. Selye H. The Stress of Life (Rev. ed.). New York: McGraw Hill. 1976.
5. Campbell AM, Delander K. Resolution of hypothyroidism & irritable bowel syndrome in a 34-year-old female following chiropractic care to reduce vertebral subluxation: a case study & review of the literature. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. October 26, 2017:209-220.
6. Rashid M, Heyns SB, Findlay M et al. Reduction in placental insufficiency and normalized fetal growth rate in a pregnant patient following chiropractic care for vertebral subluxation: a case report. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health – Chiropractic. 2017;4:178-184.
7. Russell D. Reduction of sleep bruxism in a 9-year-old child receiving chiropractic care for vertebral subluxation: a case report. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health – Chiropractic. 2017;4:164-168.
8. Kent C. Heart rate variability to assess the changes in autonomic nervous system function associated with vertebral subluxation. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. October 16, 2017:201-208.