In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation. Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This Issue’s Table of Contents
- You Are a Great Dancer
- CT Scans
- Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
- Nourishing Tradition
- Who Are You Breathing In?
- Infant Mortality and Vaccinations
- Did You Know?
- Researching Chiropractic
- Success Story
You Are a Great Dancer
“Me a dancer?” you might say. “Have you seen me dance?” Ah, but you are a great dancer. Every one of your body parts, all of your billions and trillions of cells and the tissues and organs they make up are vibrating and dancing with their own unique frequency. It’s basic bio-physics.
That’s because every one of your parts is filled with energy. To be alive is to dance. But sometimes some of your parts are a little off and don’t harmonize as well as they should. The result could be body malfunction—dis-ease. Dis-ease is often characterized by symptoms including lack of energy, lack of balance and/or lack of harmony.
A major cause of this disharmony is a subluxation—a blockage in your body structure, usually your spine. Your energy that travels over your nerves and tissues is blocked or interfered with. Chiropractors specialize in locating and correcting subluxations—the result is that you dance better on the inside! For your dancing on the outside maybe you should take some lessons.
Many doctors love them and find them useful. However, CT scans (CAT scans), while they look great, have a down side: exposing the patient to hundreds or thousands of times more radiation than typical X-rays. Some companies are selling whole body CT scans to the general public but the intense radiation may cause cancer years later.
Avoid CT scans as much as possible and seek alternative care that often does not require these scans to get good results. One whole body scan carries as much radiation as 900 chest X-rays. William Faloon from Life Extension magazine writes:
The problem is that the explosion in unnecessary CT scans has been going on every year. If we carry this back just ten years, this means that 150,000 Americans are facing horrific deaths from CT scan-induced cancers. (1)
Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
Question: Why should I bring in my children for a chiropractic exam?
Answer: You get your child’s teeth checked for cavities. What about getting their spine and body structure checked for subluxations? Children need chiropractic care, especially with all their physical activity and stress in today’s stress-filled world. Children under chiropractic care concentrate better, do better at school and are healthier and happier.
Energy drinks—especially the tiny “shots” at the convenience store that promise to get rid of your “2:30 feeling”—are pumped full of synthetic caffeine. This “fake” caffeine does not come from any of Mother Nature’s sources. It comes from a chemistry lab. Manufacturers love the fake stuff because it’s potent and much cheaper than the real thing.
Even worse are the lab chemicals themselves. One of the popular ways to make synthetic caffeine uses a highly toxic cocktail of chemicals, including:
- Trichloroethylene (TCE) – a chlorinated hydrocarbon commonly used as an industrial solvent. It’s so powerful the Air Force uses it to clean jet engines. Banned in Europe as a known cancer-causing chemical, it is perfectly legal to use in the United States.
- Sodium cyanide – a highly toxic, colorless salt used in gold mining to strip gold from rock.
- Sulfuric acid – a strong mineral acid used in car batteries, ore processing, fertilizer manufacturing and oil refining.
- Benzene – a known cancer-causing chemical used as an industrial solvent and in the production of drugs, plastics, synthetic rubber and dyes.
Who Are You Breathing In?
The many forces that interact to create a star, a world, a snowflake, a baby reveal a depth of reality that transcends our limited mind. The best we can do is reflect on what is known and be comforted that we can enjoy the ride.
It is hard to appreciate the atomic hypothesis because atoms are so small and there are so many of them. For example, in your last breath it is almost certain that you have inhaled at least one atom from the dying breath of Julius Caesar as he lamented, “Et tu Brute.“ That is scientific trivia. But the fact is that a human breath contains about one million, billion, billion (1024) atoms. Even if they mix with the entire atmosphere of the earth, the chance is high that you will inhale one of them. (2)
Add whomever you’d like to the atoms you breathe and statistically you’d be correct. Abraham, Moses, Jesus, David, Solomon, Washington, Jefferson, Adams, all our heroes, all our loved ones past and present—they are here and now.
Infant Mortality and Vaccinations
The U.S. has the highest infant mortality rate and highest vaccination rate of all industrialized countries, with more American children dying at birth and in their first year than in any other comparable nation—and more than half of those who survive develop at least one chronic illness. By contrast, Japan has the healthiest children and the highest “healthy life expectancy” in the world—and the least vaccinated children of any developed country.
- Japan has no vaccine mandates, instead recommending vaccines that are either “routine” (covered by insurance) or “voluntary” (self-pay).
- Japan does not vaccinate newborns with the hepatitis B (Hep B) vaccine, unless the mother is hepatitis B positive.
- Japan does not vaccinate pregnant mothers with the tetanus-diphtheria-acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccine.
- Japan does not give flu shots to pregnant mothers or to six-month-old infants.
- Japan banned the MMR vaccine, instead offering an MR vaccine.
- Japan does not require the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine. (3)
Did You Know?
Einstein’s second-best idea? Albert Einstein once said that his second-best idea (after the theory of relativity) was soft-boiling an egg while he was cooking his soup so that he’d have two meals but only have one pot to clean.
eBay’s first sale? The first item sold on eBay was a broken laser pointer. Mark Fraser was apparently aware of the fact that he was getting a broken laser pointer when he purchased it for $14.83 from eBay's founder Pierre Omidyar in 1995.
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seems to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Gastro-esophageal reflux disease. A 4-month-old baby girl with GERD was brought by her mother for chiropractic care. The mother reported the child had multiple episodes of reflux and vomiting per day. She received chiropractic and cranial care and her mother reported a large bowel movement and a longer than normal sleep the day after the 1st visit.
The baby continued care 2x/week for 2 weeks and 1x/week for the next 4 weeks. By the second visit her mother reported that the vomiting and reflux had decreased. Within 3 weeks she had no more reflux or vomiting. (4)
Improved behavior, a reduction in violent outbreaks in a 10-year-old boy. This is the case of a 10-year-old boy with behavioral issues, including dramatic changes from a calm manner to suddenly violent actions. He was also reported to have difficulty sleeping due to emotional detachment disorder and frequently suffered from panic attacks.
His mother also reported that he had difficulty noticing when he was sufficiently full following eating. His behavioral volatility caused him to be suspended from school.
Upper cervical, thoracic and lumbopelvic subluxations were discovered in this case. He received spinal adjustments.
His changes were recorded through the Measure Yourself Medical Outcome Profile (MYMOP) questionnaires over the course of his treatment. A reduction in a MYMOP score of 6/6 to 16/6 for behavior and violent outbreaks was measured after 8 adjustments. Further improvements were noticed with sleep and anxiety, as well as a dramatically improved awareness of feeling full after eating. (5)
Reflux, irritability and more in 7-month-old boys. This is the case of two seven-month-old premature fraternal twin boys with chronic reflux, breastfeeding difficulties, general irritability, excessive crying, plagiocephaly, and scaphocephaly who were presented by their mother for chiropractic care.
The children received spinal and cranial adjustments and after 8 weeks of care the mother reported a decrease in severity of the twins’ reflux, breastfeeding difficulties and irritability. At 16 weeks of chiropractic care the twins’ reflux had ceased and their cranial symmetry had markedly improved. (6)
Pain for a YEAR
I was experiencing this awful pain for about a year, and it got to the point where it was really affecting my sleep and work. I would never wish that pain on anyone. I googled everything I was feeling (which was not helpful at all) and talked to different doctors and nurses. No one was able to give me a clear reason why I was feeling the way I was feeling, until I went to Dr. Horning.
Within the first two to three visits, I felt no pain. Now I see him regularly and am continuing to improve my performance in my daily life. If you are looking for a family friendly office to take you and your children for personalized chiropractic care, then THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU! I guarantee you will feel like a whole new person walking out of that office. It worked for me and I know it will work for you! Blessings. -Jazz
- If the universe is everything, and scientists say that the universe is expanding, what is it expanding into?
- Why is a carrot more orange than an orange?
- Do fish get cramps after eating?
- Why are there 5 syllables in the word "monosyllabic"?
- If you got into a taxi and the driver started driving backward, would the taxi driver end up owing you money?
- What would a chair look like if your knees bent the other way?
- When two airplanes almost collide why do they call it a near miss? It sounds like a near hit to me!!
- Why do they call it the Department of Interior when they are in charge of everything outdoors?
- Why do scientists call it research when looking for something new?
- If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
- When I erase a word with a pencil, where does it go?
- Why is it, when a door is open, it's ajar, but when a jar is open, it's not a door?
- If you tell someone that there are 400 billion stars they'll believe you. So why, when you tell them the bench has wet paint, do they touch it?
2. Pagels HR. The Cosmic Code – Quantum Physics as the Language of Nature. NY: Simon and Schuster. 1982:28.
3. Miller NZ, Goldman GS. Infant mortality rates regressed against number of vaccine doses routinely given: is there a biochemical or synergistic toxicity? Hum Exo Toxicol. 2011;30(9):1420-1428.
4. Chuang A. Chiropractic treatment of gastro-esophageal reflux disease in a pediatric patient: A case report. Journal of Clinical Chiropractic Pediatrics. 2014;14(2):1139-1141.
5. Cook JR. A case report of improved behavior and a reduction in violent outbreaks in a 10-year-old boy with chiropractic care. Journal of Clinical Chiropractic Pediatrics. 2014;14(3). https://www.jccponline.com/Case-report.html
6. Collins K, Alcantara J, Holt K. Resolution of breastfeeding and gastrointestinal complaints in infant twins with plagiocephaly & scaphocephaly following birth trauma: a case series. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health – Chiropractic. 2015;1:34-41.