June 1, 2015
In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation. Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world. More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs?
Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
Welcome to our patient newsletter
This issue’s table of contents
- What is that weird thing?
- Chiropractic helps sports performance
- AMA found guilty of trying to destroy chiropractic
- Nursing student sues school that dismissed her for questioning
- Department of Justice: The flu vaccine is number one
- Don’t forget your honey
- Researching chiropractic
- Did you know?
- Success Story
What is that weird thing?
The illustration on the left might look like a strange collection of wires and body parts but it shows how your internal organs are connected to your brain through nerves in your spine.
On the top is the brain, under it is a stack of bones called the spinal column and between the bones emit lots of nerves. At the end of the nerves are lots of organs.
So what does it do? The brain sends information to the organs and the organs send information to the brain. These nerve messages go back and forth through a vast communications cable made up of hundreds of millions of nerves: your spinal cord.
All these messages keep you alive, help you function in response to day-to-day stress and permit you to grow, love, heal and enjoy life.
You can’t see your spinal cord in this illustration because it’s encased in a protective boney canal called the spinal column made up of 23 bones called vertebrae. But you can see the vertebrae.
There’s a potential problem
For perfect protection your spinal cord could be surrounded by bone all around, just as your brain is protected by your skull or cranium. But if that were the case you wouldn’t be able to bend or twist or move.
So instead nature made a compromise and protected your spinal cord in rings of bone. These ring-shaped bones are your vertebrae (spinal bones) and when they line up they create a canal – the spinal canal.
Injuries, accidents and stress of all kinds can affect the shape of your spine and the position of your vertebrae. If your vertebrae are misaligned they may affect many nerves, glands, muscles and organs. This can cause pain, distortion, nerve stress, lowered resistance to disease, weakening of your body structure, loss of height and strength.
This misalignment of your spinal bones (vertebra) is called a subluxation.
Your chiropractor’s job is to make sure your vertebrae are all moving properly, and are in their proper position so that there is no nerve stress.
Using various tools (and years of specialized training) doctors of chiropractic can locate spinal nerve stress or subluxations and using their hands or various instruments realign the vertebrae and reduce spinal nerve pressure. This is called an adjustment.
Millions of people carry spinal nerve stress in their bodies and don’t know it. Do you or a loved one have this condition? Your chiropractor can find out with a simple spinal analysis. It could make the difference between a life of health and one of disease.
Chiropractic helps sports performance
Want to run faster? Jump higher? Be stronger?
Did you know that many top athletes from all over the world rely on chiropractic to keep their body structure balanced, their nerve system healthy and their muscles functioning at their peak.
Name the sport – golf, tennis, football, soccer, track, swimming, hockey, martial arts, wrestling, and all the others – chiropractic can give you the winning edge.
Chiropractic can also help prevent sports injuries and help an injured player return to the game or competition faster.
Of course you don’t need to be an Olympian to go to a chiropractor; anyone who uses his/her body needs it to function at its peak. That means everyone. (1-3)
AMA found guilty of trying to destroy chiropractic
Not too long ago the American Medical Association (AMA) tried to destroy the chiropractic profession. The AMA leaders wanted to restrict all healing to medical doctors.
Their anti-chiropractic program lasted for decades and was partially successful because many Americans are still wary about chiropractic care. There are still MDs who were educated in those “anti-chiropractic and anti-natural healthcare” days, taught by professors who hated non-medical, natural approaches to health.
Eventually the chiropractic profession took the AMA to court and won a victory over the AMA forcing it to stop anti-competitive behavior. But the fight is still going on, though in a different form.
Read more on: THIS PAGE
Nursing student sues school that dismissed her for questioning unethical, immoral and illegal vaccine bullying tactics
(Natural News) Nichole Rolfe, who was getting close to graduating from her program before being ousted, claims that she became a target of several of her teachers after questioning the methods by which they were instructing her and her fellow students to coerce parents into vaccinating their children, in violation of the American Nursing Association's Code of Ethics.
Learn more on: THIS PAGE
Department of Justice: The flu vaccine is number one
The Department of Justice has a “vaccine court” to compensate people injured or killed by government mandated vaccines. Injuries and deaths due to the flu vaccine were compensated more than the total compensation paid out for injuries due to eleven other vaccines.
From August 16, 2013 to November 15, 2013 about 60% of damages from the court were paid to compensate people injured from the flu vaccine. Most of the injured were paralyzed from it (Guillain-Barré Syndrome or GBS).
The other 40% of settled cases were to compensate babies and young children injured from the following vaccines: Hep B, Tetanus, HPV, DTaP, MMR, polio, Hib, Meningococcal, Varicella, TD (polio vaccine, diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis, measles-mumps-rubella, tetanus-diphtheria among others).
Don’t forget your honey
All Chinese medicine doctors would give honey to treat dehydration, pain, fatigue and boost chi energy. Other folk and herbal medicine traditions used honey for coughs, bronchitis and immunity. Honey was also added to various medicinal and herbal preparations.
There seems to be no end to the conditions that respond to chiropractic care – physical as well as psychological conditions.
That is because chiropractic does not “treat” a particular condition. Chiropractic care “treats” or, more accurately, “corrects” a serious interference to brain, nervous system and energy function known as the subluxation.
No matter what condition you or a loved one may have, you and they will always function better when free from subluxations. Chiropractors are uniquely trained to locate and correct subluxations. Enjoy this month’s cases and see more next month.
Diabetes and chiropractic. A 67-year-old woman presented with many complaints. This included type 2 diabetes mellitus that had been diagnosed when she was 40 years of age.
Chiropractic analysis revealed that she had several vertebral subluxations throughout her spine, along with postural alterations. She had sought care from other health care providers with no resolution in any of her complaints. She received specific chiropractic adjustments in the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine and also to her pelvis.
After four visits, the patient returned to her medical doctor and was able to stop taking insulin for her diabetes. Her blood sugar levels remained within normal limits throughout the rest of her care. (4)
Resolution of infertility. A twenty-seven year-old woman sought chiropractic care for infertility, low back pain, headaches, neck pain, mid-back pain, sinus problems, sore throat and dizziness.
Upon examination, she related that she was under medical care for infertility for five months prior to seeking chiropractic care.
Chiropractic care included addressing the subluxations in her cervical (neck), thoracic and lumbar spine. After two-and-a-half months of regular chiropractic care, the patient conceived. (5)
Improvement in speech in autistic children. Two children, under the age of 4, diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder, received chiropractic care for one year. The specific outcome that was measured was the Preschool Language Scale-4 (PLS-4). The PLS-4 was given four times over the one-year period.
Expressive and receptive language delays were assessed before, during and after care. These children saw an average increase of 24 months of language development in one year, while under care. (6)
Did you know?
- The average human dream lasts 2-3 seconds?
- Even though your brain weighs only 2% of your body weight it uses over a quarter of the oxygen used by the human body.
- Your heart beats around 100,000 times a day, 36,500,000 times a year and over a billion times if you live beyond 30.
- Red blood cells carry oxygen around the body. They are created inside the marrow of your bones.
- Your nose and ears continue growing throughout your entire life.
- Infants blink only once or twice a minute while adults average around 10.
Arm, Hand & Neck Pain
When I first visited Dr. Horning, I had pain in my right arm, hand, and neck.
I would get numbness in my last two fingers and shooting pain in my elbow. The pain would make me have a hard time writing in school.
This also prevented me from playing sports. I tried to fix this problem by going to lots of doctors and getting MRI’s and x-rays.
Since visiting Dr. Horning, the pain in my arm is gone and he is working on fixing my neck too.
I feel much better after visiting Dr. Horning. Rosie G., Age 14
For many English speakers, the following phrases are familiar enough to be considered common expressions, proverbs and/or clichés. All of them originated with or were popularized by Shakespeare:
- All our yesterdays (Macbeth)
- All that glitters is not gold (The Merchant of Venice)("glisters")
- All's well that ends well (All’s Well That Ends Well)
- As good luck would have it (The Merry Wives of Windsor)
- As merry as the day is long (Much Ado About Nothing / King John)
- Bated breath (The Merchant of Venice)
- Bag and baggage (As You Like It / Winter's Tale)
- Bear a charmed life (Macbeth)
- Be-all and the end-all (Macbeth)
- Beggar all description (Antony and Cleopatra)
- Better foot before ("best foot forward") (King John)
- The better part of valor is discretion (I Henry IV; possibly already a known saying)
- In a better world than this (As You Like It)
- Neither a borrower nor a lender be (Hamlet)
- Brave new world (The Tempest)
- Break the ice (The Taming of the Shrew)
- Breathed his last (3 Henry VI)
- Brevity is the soul of wit (Hamlet)
- Refuse to budge an inch (Measure for Measure / Taming of the Shrew)
Please write or stop by and give us your feedback. Are there any subjects you’d like to hear about? Anything you dislike? Feedback is always important to us. And, of course, if you’d like hard copies of this newsletter stop by the office and we’ll give you some for your friends and relatives.
1. Haldeman S. Spinal manipulative therapy in sports medicine. Clinics in Sports Medicine. 1986;5:277.
2. Lauro BM. Chiropractic effects on athletic ability. Chiropractic: The Journal of Chiropractic Research and Clinical Investigations. 1991;6(4):84-87.
3. Interview with Nick Athens, DC. Chiropractic Achievers. November/December 1989;38.
4. Yachter D & Michael M. Resolution of type 2 diabetes mellitus in a 67-year-old female patient following subluxation-based chiropractic care: a case study. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. May 11, 2015:119-124.
5. Lombardi P & Revels K. Resolution of infertility following subluxation based chiropractic care: a case study. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. April 27, 2015:99-107.
6. Lumb K & Feeley K. Improved language development following Network Spinal Analysis in children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health – Chiropractic. 2014;4:70-75.
Special bonus for reading this far down
We don’t like their sound and guitar music is on the way out. – Decca Recording Executive rejecting the Beatles (1962)
PS. In all fairness to Decca the 1962 audition tapes were not very good. Their harmonies and songs picked were poor but more importantly getting dumped by Decca was a blessing in disguise because the company that did sign them (EMI) had unique people and equipment to make the band a success.