March 1, 2016
In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children)
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary
consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an
appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE
consultation. Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free,
surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This issue’s table of contents
- You are the world’s greatest drug store
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Vaccination during pregnancy – untested, unsafe and yet recommended (?)
- And now for something completely different
- Did you know?
- Researching chiropractic
- Success Story
You are the world’s greatest drug store
Your body manufactures antibiotics, insulin, painkillers, blood pressure and heart drugs, and hormones and chemicals to regulate your brain chemistry and mood, digestion, elimination, growth and blood chemistry (as well as hundreds of other drugs, many still undiscovered). The
greatest drug store in the world is your own marvelous body, as long as your body is functioning properly. That’s where chiropractic care helps.
Chiropractors help keep your internal drug store functioning optimally by locating and correcting a very common condition that causes your body to malfunction. That condition is called a subluxation. A subluxation is usually found in your spine and although it often causes pain, it may also be painless.
Want to keep your internal drug store (the World’s Greatest) making and delivering all the drugs you need for your whole life? In addition to a nutrient-rich diet, make sure your body is free of subluxations – that’s the specialty of your chiropractor. Come in for a chiropractic checkup. Your internal drug store will thank you for it.
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a serious illness. It can cripple with inflammation, pain, stiffness, swelling and loss of function. It typically affects (and can deform) the hands and feet, but sometimes it affects the skin, eyes, lungs and blood vessels. About 1.5 million people in the United States have rheumatoid arthritis (RA) including many children!
RA is considered an “autoimmune disease” because the body is believed to attack itself. But why would the body attack itself for no good reason? There must be a reason. A major hidden cause of RA appears to be infected root canals, gum disease and the infected sockets of extracted teeth. Gerald Smith, DDS, a dental researcher and clinician, reports that dental infections can harbor:
… 300 to 400 different pathogens (bacteria, viruses and fungi or other toxins) [from dental infections] and can concentrate within a knee, hand, finger or other joint [to]l cause inflammation.
As an example Dr. Smith tells the story of MT, a patient who suffered from RA for 34 years:
Her condition gradually worsened until she experienced severe painful joints throughout her body. Medical treatment included the use of the steroid, prednisone, a chemotherapy drug, methotrexate, and a deactivating drug, Enbrel.
One to two years before the onset of her RA, she had a root canal … this seemingly innocuous dental procedure resulted in a streptococcus inflection that remained present for 34 years. Unfortunately, a high percentage of root canal treated teeth (75% or more) become infected, exhibit none of the usual clinical signs and symptoms of pain, swelling or redness yet spew out their toxic waste products that affect distant sites.
MT's rheumatoid arthritis resolved by 90% and she stopped taking the Enbrel…. The key factor was the removal of the underlying cause – infected root canal tooth. Note: An x-ray of the infected tooth showed no visible pathology. (1)
Other case histories are reported. For example, a paper in the journal Clinical Experimental Rheumatology describes the case of a woman suffering from 16 years of RA. Her symptoms completely disappeared after her root canals were removed. The patient continued to remain symptom free 16 years later (when the paper was published). (2)
Others have noticed personal healing of RA after oral pathology was addressed:
Many patients, once confronted with root canals or teeth extractions being possible sources of illnesses, recalled how their Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) seemingly began right after a root canal treatment or a tooth extraction. The cases were usually that when these infected gums were removed, many found their RA disappear. (3)
Anyone suffering from RA should ensure that they are free of oral pathology. Biological/holistic dentists specialize in locating hidden dental infections.
In addition, all RA sufferers need to ensure that their body is free from subluxations. By correcting subluxations chiropractic care helps promote healthy joints, nerves, discs and overall body function. In doing so chiropractic care has been beneficial for patients who have RA or any other form of arthritis. (4-6)
Another cause of toxicity that has been linked to RA is childhood vaccination. With that in mind here’s some news:
Vaccination during pregnancy – untested, unsafe and yet recommended (?)
No vaccine has been tested for safety during pregnancy and yet the US government is now recommending pregnant women have vaccines. Since that US policy change, the number of fetal deaths has exceeded postnatal deaths for the first time in statistical reporting in the US. (7)
How many children have been and are now being killed and permanently injured in the womb and their parents never suspect the involvement of vaccines? Will miscarriages or children who are born with multiple birth defects and congenital issues ever be counted in the official toll of vaccine victims?
If you know of someone who is currently pregnant or is thinking of getting pregnant sometime in the future, please share this information with them.
And now for something completely different
Not all thieves are stupid – here is a way to protect yourself:
Long-term parking: A car in the long-term parking was broken into. The car registration in the glove compartment had the owner’s address. The robbers drove to the owner’s home and robbed it.
Moral: Take your registration/insurance cards when using long term parking.
Pass this on to your family and friends.
Did you know?
Where the Wild Things Are was originally titled Where the Wild Horses Are until Maurice Sendak realized he was really bad at drawing horses.
Jadav Payeng started planting trees on a barren Indian sandbar when he was 16 years old in 1979. Today he lives in the forest he planted which covers over 1,300 acres and is home to rhinos, tigers, deer, apes and elephants.
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seems to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Gastro-esophageal reflux disease. Gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD) is common during the first year of life, peaking at 4 months of age. In this case a 4-month-old baby girl with gastro-esophageal reflux disease and plagiocephaly, a flattening of parts of the skull, was brought by her mother for chiropractic care. The mother reported the child had multiple episodes of reflux and vomiting per day.
Subluxations were found and adjusted in the child’s neck (C2 and C4 vertebrae), lower lumbar (L4) vertebra and sacroiliac joints.
The day after the first chiropractic visit that included spinal and cranial care the mother reported that her daughter had a large bowel movement and a longer than normal sleep. The child continued to receive chiropractic care twice a week for two weeks and then once a week for the next four weeks. By the second visit the mother reported that the vomiting and reflux had decreased. Over the next 3 weeks both the number of episodes per day and number of days with vomiting and reflux decreased. By three weeks of care the child had no more reflux or vomiting. In addition, her skull flattening had disappeared. (8)
Improved behavior in a 10-year-old boy. A 10-year-old boy would exhibit dramatic behavioral changes from a calm manner to suddenly becoming violent. He was also reported to have difficulty sleeping due to emotional detachment disorder and frequently suffered from panic attacks. His behavioral instability caused him to be suspended from school.
He was brought in for chiropractic care. He received adjustments to correct upper cervical, thoracic and lumbopelvic subluxations.
His behavior and violent outbursts dramatically improved after 8 chiropractic adjustments. Further improvements were noticed with sleep and anxiety. (9)
Reflux, irritability and more in 7-month-old boys. This is the case of two seven-month-old premature fraternal twin boys with chronic reflux, breastfeeding difficulties, general irritability, excessive crying, skull distortion and a premature closing of the cranial sutures.
The children received spinal and cranial adjustments. After 8 weeks of chiropractic care the mother reported a decrease in severity of the twins’ reflux, lessened breastfeeding difficulties and deceased irritability. After 16 weeks of chiropractic care the twins’ reflux had ceased and their cranial symmetry had markedly improved. (10)
Before I considered chiropractic help, I was seriously considering back surgery, which may have helped but I was not certain. Then, my daughter told me about Dr. Horning, and how he helped her. So I agreed to try it as a last resort.
In the two months I have been to him, I am able to perform my daily life in an almost pain free existence. Dr. Horning and his staff are to be commended for their professionalism and personal attitude to their patients. I am 82 years of age. Peter C.
- Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections?
- Do they have reserved parking for non-handicapped people at the Special Olympics?
- Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?
- If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
- Isn't Disney World a people trap operated by a mouse?
- Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "s" in it?
- Since light travels faster than sound, isn't that why some people appear bright until you hear them speak?
- How come abbreviated is such a long word?
- If it's zero degrees outside today and it's supposed to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?
- Why do you press harder on a remote-control when you know the battery is dead?
- Since Americans throw rice at weddings, do Asians throw hamburgers?
- Why are they called buildings, when they're already finished? Shouldn't they be called builts?
- Why are they called apartments, when they're all stuck together?
- Why do banks charge you a "non-sufficient funds fee" on money they already know you don't have?
- If the universe is everything, and scientists say that the universe is expanding, what is it expanding into?
- Breebaart AC, Bijlsma JW, van Eden W.16-year remission of rheumatoid arthritis after unusually vigorous treatment of closed dental foci. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2002;20(4):555-557.
- Pero J, Jockers D. Improvement in cervical curvature and health outcomes in a patient with rheumatoid arthritis undergoing chiropractic care to reduce vertebral subluxation. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. July 26, 2012:77-81.
- Basso E, Potrzebowski S. Resolution of juvenile idiopathic arthritis & improved immune function in a 16-year-old undergoing chiropractic care: a case study. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health – Chiropractic. 2014;4:65-69.
- Knowles DM, Knowles R, Burnier B. Reorganization of the cervical curve & improved quality of life following Network Spinal Analysis care: a case study. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. December 7, 2015:217-225.
- MacDorman MF, Gregory ECW. National Vital Statistics Reports Fetal and Perinatal Mortality: United States, 2013 by Division of Vital Statistics. 7/23/2015;64(8).
- Chuang A. Chiropractic treatment of gastro-esophageal reflux disease in a pediatric patient: a case report. Journal of Clinical Chiropractic Pediatrics. 2014;14(2):1139-1141.
- Cook JR. A case report of improved behavior and a reduction in violent outbreaks in a 10-year-old boy with chiropractic care. Journal of Clinical Chiropractic Pediatrics. 2014;14(3):1172-1175.
- Collins K, Alcantara J, Holt K. Resolution of breastfeeding and gastrointestinal complaints in infant twins with plagiocephaly & scaphocephaly following birth trauma: a case series. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health – Chiropractic. 2015;1:34-41.