In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation. Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This Issue’s Table of Contents
- Chiropractic for Monsters
- The Flu Shot and Alzheimer’s
- Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
- Nourishing Foods
- Junk Foods Tied to Higher Cancer Risk
- Israeli Research: Positive Emotions May Limit Cancer Growth
- Researching Chiropractic
- Success Story
Chiropractic for Monsters
Have you ever laid in bed late at night, opened your eyes and seen a vampire with bloody fangs bending over you to suck your blood? You have? You’ve been watching too many scary movies.
But for the rest of us, the closest we’ll get to scary, unnatural, sadistic, bizarre monsters is at a professional wrestling match. When you open the door on October 31st and see cute tykes in silly outfits chirping “trick or treat,” there’s a pretty good chance you won’t be too scared.
Don’t, we repeat, don’t say “trick.” They may cry or at the least become terribly confused. These kids are programmed to receive something toxically sweet (that will make them hyper and one day give them a serious disease). Fool them, give them something healthier, or maybe some cheap plastic toy they won’t eat.
Let’s face it, the best monsters are found in novels (we dare you to read Dracula or Rosemary’s Baby before bed). Other monsters are seen in Hollywood movies and family home videos (we couldn't resist).
Don’t worry about your favorite chiropractic office - we’re prepared. We expect these little creatures and be assured they will receive less toxic treats. Why not bring your favorite monsters in this month and we’ll make sure they leave happier and healthier? What better treat can you think of?
The Flu Shot and Alzheimer’s
Since flu shot season is once again upon us and the media are once again parroting the same, tired, “get your flu shot” sales message, we thought it appropriate to remind you why you should avoid this useless, ineffective and dangerous injection.
According to Hugh Fudenberg, MD, the world's leading immunogeneticist and 13th most quoted biologist of our time (over 850 papers in peer reviewed journals), if an individual has had five consecutive flu shots their chance of getting Alzheimer's disease is ten times higher than if they had no shots. (1)
Dr. Fudenberg reports this is due to the mercury in flu shots (and many childhood vaccines and RhoGam shots). In time the vaccine toxins build up in the brain and eventually cause cognitive dysfunction and brain damage. With all the toxicity we’re exposed to it’s no wonder that Alzheimer’s is increasing – let’s do all we can to protect ourselves from that memory-destroying sickness. (2)
Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
Question: Are you coming in for care to get healthy but leaving your family members home?
Answer: We really love it when whole families – from infants to the elderly and everyone in between – come in for care. Pregnant women especially benefit from chiropractic care to ensure a healthy pregnancy, labor and delivery.
Too often we see just one family member while their children, spouses, parents and other family members suffer from ill health due to years of uncorrected subluxations.
Please, please, please bring in your family for care – a chiropractic checkup could make the difference between a life of happiness or misery, a life of ease or pain, a life of health or sickness.
Keep your brain healthy and prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s disease – eat organic, pastured, grass-fed meat with lots of fat. If you are a vegetarian, add lots of organic, grass-fed butter to lots of cooked, organic vegetables (organic, raw cream from grass-fed cows is also very good for you).
A lesson learned from traditional cultures all over the world, from where our ancestors came, is that meat is eaten with fat. They discovered that a diet of too much lean meat would make them sick. One reason is because eating meat without the fat results in rapid depletion of vitamin A; we need fat to absorb vitamin A and our other fat-soluble vitamins. Most traditional cultures put a special emphasis on organ meats, because these are far more nutritious than muscle meats.
Organ meats are the richest sources of the fat-soluble vitamins A, D and K2. Dr. Weston A. Price found they were prized by nearly every culture and are a key to robust good health. Organ meats are also rich sources of minerals and vitamins B6 and B12 (essential for brain health). Go to www.westonaprice.org for more information on Dr. Price and his research.
Research shows that Vitamin A is anti-cancer and a deficiency of Vitamin D is associated with a substantially increased risk of all-cause dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. There was a 53% greater risk of dementia and a 70% higher risk of Alzheimer’s disease among subjects who had a moderate vitamin D deficiency. (3)
Here are great ways to add fat to your diet:
- Organ meats - liver, pate, liverwurst, scrapple, etc.
- Red meat - always with the fat
- Poultry - always with the skin
- Pork – properly prepared by curing or marinating
- Milk products - preferably unpasteurized and always full fat
- Eggs, always with the yolks
- Seafood, including shellfish and fish eggs
Junk Foods Tied to Higher Cancer Risk
In a study of 471,495 people, who were followed for 15.3 years, it was discovered that people who regularly eat foods with a low nutritional quality have a higher risk of developing cancer. The study authors state that more countries should now enforce food labeling that clearly specifies nutritional value.
The cancers associated with low nutritional quality include increased risk of colorectal cancer, cancer of the esophagus and stomach, and lung cancer (especially in men) and liver cancer (in women).
The quality of the food you eat is the key to health. Always avoid refined sugar and carbohydrates (especially from dry breakfast cereal), high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils such as canola, corn, soy and of course avoid non-organic, commercial and junk foods. (4)
Israeli Research: Positive Emotions May Limit Cancer Growth
Good feelings, happy thoughts and a positive attitude, may help fight cancer. In a recent study, a research team at Haifa’s Technion–Israel Institute of Technology focused on the role of the brain’s reward system in fighting tumors. The research implies that a patient’s psychological state can impact anti-tumor immunity and cancer progression. (5)
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seems to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Children, mothers and chiropractic. Chiropractic care is the most common complementary and alternative (CAM) intervention for children, with wellness care cited as the most common reason for care.
This study included five children (3 boys and 2 girls, ages 9-13) who were under chiropractic care since birth. In fact, all the mothers were under chiropractic care before, during and after they became pregnant.
All the mothers reported a decrease in symptoms such as low back pain, extremity numbness and generalized soreness while pregnant. Four of the children were born vaginally with no complications and one was delivered via an obstetrician-recommended cesarean section. All the children were either fully or partially vaccinated; all were breastfed.
The parents reported that their children experienced a higher level of health and quality of life than other children of the same age. (6)
Rib and low back pain in a 26-year-old. A 26-year-old man complaining of rib and low back pain began chiropractic care. Chiropractic analysis revealed subluxations and an unbalanced nervous system; the patient received 17 adjustments over a 10-month period and experienced a significant improvement upon his first post-examination at one month and second post-examination at 10 months of care.
In addition to his rib and low back pain relief, the patient demonstrated long-term curve correction as well as improvement in his autonomic nervous system. (7)
An “immune-deficient” 5-year-old. A 5-year-old girl diagnosed as immuno-deficient with recurrent respiratory illnesses was brought in for chiropractic care.
Her history included a premature birth, birth trauma, torticollis, constipation, frequent ear infections, tympanostomy (ear) tubes, tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy.
Under chiropractic care her vertebral subluxations were immediately addressed and corrected. The mother reported a decrease in her daughters’ respiratory illnesses and related symptoms and an increased ability to respond to infections more efficiently. She was able to stop all medication with only occasional use of an inhaler at night. (8)
Pain from Osteoarthritis, Dual Hip Replacement, and Back Surgery:
“A New Lease on Life!”
Having Osteoarthritis I had to have both my hips replaced as well as back surgery. I still experienced severe pain in my legs and lower back. I could not walk or stand up for any length of time. I spent years being depressed, lethargic and feeling sorry for myself.
A friend suggested I see Dr. Horning. When he told me he could help me, I was skeptical but desperation had me agree to treatment.
Today I am for the most part, pain free. At 67, I joined a fitness center. I now workout 3 times a week with a personal trainer. I am starting to plan and do things I never thought I would ever be able to do.
Dr Horning has given me a new Lease on Life I am very grateful to him. He and his staff are wonderful!
TOP TEN REASONS TRICK OR TREATING IS BETTER THAN SEX
10. Guaranteed to get at least a little something in the sack.
9. If you get tired, wait 10 minutes and go at it again.
8. The uglier you look, the easier it is to get some.
7. You don’t have to compliment the person who gave you candy.
6. Person you’re with doesn’t fantasize you’re someone else.
5. If you get a stomach ache, it won’t last 9 months.
4. If you wear your Batman mask, no one thinks you’re kinky.
3. Doesn’t matter if kids hear you moaning and groaning.
2. Less guilt the next morning.
And the #1 reason trick or treating is better than sex ...
1. If you don’t get what you want, you can always go next door.
Please write or stop by and give us your feedback. Are there any subjects you’d like to hear about? Anything you dislike? Feedback is always important to us. And, of course, if you’d like hard copies of this newsletter stop by the office and we’ll give you some for your friends and relatives. If they have email, have them write to us and we’ll add them to our subscriber list.
1. Dr. Hugh Fudenberg at the NVIC International Vaccine Conference, Arlington, VA, September, 1997. Quoted with permission.
2. 2018 Alzheimer’s Disease Facts and Figures. Accessed: October 16, 2018. https://www.alz.org/alzheimers-dementia/facts-figures
3. Littlejohns TJ, Henley WE, Lang IA et al. Vitamin D and the risk of dementia and Alzheimer disease. Neurology. 2014 Sep 2;83(10):920-928.
4. Deschasaux M, Huybrechts I, Murphy N et al. Nutritional quality of food as represented by the FSAm-NPS nutrient profiling system underlying the Nutri-Score label and cancer risk in Europe: results from the EPIC prospective cohort study. Published: September 18, 2018 PLoS Med 15(9): e1002651.
5. Ben-Shaanan TL, Schiller M, Azulay-Debby H et al. Modulation of anti-tumor immunity by the brain’s reward system. Nature Communications. Published: 13 July 2018. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-05283-5#article-info
6. Stone-McCoy P, O’Brien S. Health outcomes of pediatric patients undergoing chiropractic care since birth: a retrospective analysis. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic. August 13, 2018:90-98.
7. Hoying M, Bulla C. Long-term cervical curve correction and reduction in dysautonomia in a 26-year-old male undergoing chiropractic care using the Pierce Results System. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. June 28, 2018:121-129.
8. Deignan D, DaCampo T. Resolution of immunodeficiency in a child undergoing chiropractic care for the management of vertebral subluxations: a case study & review of the literature. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic. July 5, 2018:68-76.