October 1, 2015
In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation. Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world. More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments. More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health. Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This issue’s table of contents
- Better out than in Department: acute and chronic illness
- Questions and answers about chiropractic
- Why a drug rep didn’t vaccinate her child
- The best short video ever made on vaccination
- Energy drinks
- Did you know?
- And now for something completely different
- Traditional foods
- How many people take prescription medications?
- Researching chiropractic
- Cell phones and pregnancy
- Success Story
Better out than in Department
Acute and chronic illness
Chronic illnesses are always there. They are considered to be so deep that our natural healing system cannot push them out or externalize them. Examples are allergies, asthma, skin conditions, MS (multiple sclerosis), cancer, heart disease, Parkinson’s, ADD and others that usually never go away. The opposite of a chronic illness is an acute illness.
Acute illnesses are often very uncomfortable and dramatic but temporary; they go away. Examples are colds, flu, measles, mumps, chicken pox, infections, a 24- (or 72) hour “virus,” and many others. The symptoms may include fever, vomiting, diarrhea, malaise (feeling yucky), fatigue, skin eruptions, coughing, sneezing and sweating.
Acute illness is the most powerful anti-toxicity therapy we know. After the acute illness is over we find a healthier (cleaner) and happier person in its wake.
That’s why growth spurts (both physically and mentally) have been noticed after a child has measles or other acute childhood illness. Measles has also been observed to cure kidney disease. (1)
The powerful ability of fever to heal was observed by a NY surgeon, William Coley, who noticed that after a high fever with skin eruptions (erysipelas) tumors disappeared. (2)
The difference between medicine and natural healthcare
Western medicine sees symptoms as bad – fever must be lowered, skin eruptions must be suppressed, coughs must be stopped – and yet this anti-symptom approach often drives disease deeper into the body.
Chiropractic and other natural healthcare systems view symptoms as essentially good for you (within limits of course) and should be respected and managed.
Suppression of acute illness using drugs has been linked to chronic illness. With all the drugs and vaccines given children and adults, is it any wonder that over half of all Americans have chronic illness?
Chiropractic is the most popular natural healthcare system in America. Doctors of Chiropractic locate and correct a serious interference with your body’s ability to function normally – subluxations. Subluxations weaken your body, interfere with proper function (including detoxification) and lower your resistance to disease.
No matter what disease or symptoms you have, chiropractic care, with its ability to remove subluxations, should always be an essential part of your family’s healthcare.
Questions and answers about chiropractic
Question: Are all subluxations painful?
Answer: Many (if not most) subluxations your chiropractor locates are painless. Think of subluxations as you would a dental cavity. You may have it for years and not feel a thing – all the while your teeth are slowly and silently rotting and one day you notice it – big time.
Similarly, if left uncorrected chronic subluxation stress weakens your nervous system, your immune system and your resistance to disease, and your ability to detoxify is lessened. Plus your spine and structural system deteriorate.
That’s why periodic chiropractic visits are so necessary – get your body checked for quiet subluxations now and don’t wait until they become “noisy” later.
Why a drug rep didn’t vaccinate her child
A former sales rep for Merck discovered that vaccines contain toxins that can cause neurological damage. But even more surprising, she found that vaccines are not as well tested as are other drugs.
So she didn't vaccinate her child when she was living in Europe. But look what happened when she came back to America:
The best short video ever made on vaccination
Please pass this on to your friends, relatives and others you care about. It is powerful and scientifically accurate.
Energy drinks are flavored beverages typically containing high amounts of caffeine and synthetic vitamins, taurine, herbal supplements, creatine, sugars, and guarana, a plant product containing concentrated caffeine. (3)
The drinks may also contain synthetic caffeine, created by Monsanto and manufactured in China. Synthetic caffeine is absorbed faster, causing a quicker spike — and faster crash. How can you tell if a product has natural or synthetic caffeine?
If you see the word “caffeine” on the ingredient list, that means it’s synthetic. If natural plants containing caffeine are added, you will see the actual name of the botanical, such as guarana or green tea. (4)
In 2011 energy drinks by themselves or combined with other substances were related to 20,783 emergency room visits. Apart from the ER visits when mixed with alcohol energy drink users feel they are not drunk and are more likely to drive. (5)
Want to make your own energy drinks? Check out these recipes:
Did you know?
Interesting facts about your body:
- The length from your wrist to your elbow is the same as the length of your foot.
- Your heart beats 101,000 times a day. During your lifetime it will beat about 3 billion times and pump about 400 million liters (800 million pints) of blood.
- On average, you breathe 23,000 times a day.
And now for something completely different
The helicopter shots are unreal. The FAA would never allow an air show like this in the United States (for obvious reasons).
Question: Should we avoid fish because of mercury?
Answer: Fish does contain mercury but if you have good intestinal flora, you are completely protected against absorbing the mercury – but you are not protected from absorption through the mouth (as in mercury fillings) or the skin. (6)
The Weston A. Price Foundation web site, www.westonaprice.org, has very valuable information on nutrition. Visit it for more nutrition information.
How many people take prescription medications?
One of the best ways chiropractic and other natural healthcare systems save lives is by helping people avoid prescription medication. Deaths from properly prescribed prescription drugs number over 100,000 per year. (7) Add deaths from medical malpractice, hospital infections and unnecessary surgeries and more people die from medical care than cancer in the US every year. (8)
Researchers found that more than half of all men in their fifties take three or more prescription drugs; two-thirds of men in their sixties take three or more pharmaceuticals and one in four of the men in the study took 10 or more medications. (9)
Isn’t it great you are into chiropractic and natural healing and are avoiding most if not all prescriptions? As a result you will live a healthier, long life. (10)
Doctors of Chiropractic and natural healers are saving tens of thousands of lives a year. Bring in your family so more people will say no to drugs.
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seems to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care? Probably most of them would.
Multiple sclerosis. A 49-year-old woman with a 13-year diagnosis of MS presented to an upper cervical chiropractic office. Her chief complaints included neck pain, difficultly writing, fatigue and head instability in addition to multiple other complaints. It was determined that she had an upper cervical subluxation upon examination through x-ray and paraspinal thermal analysis. The patient was adjusted according to Knee Chest Upper Cervical protocol over the course of one year and seven months. The patient had a decrease in all presenting symptoms and an increase in quality of life following care. (11)
Anxiety and hypertension. The patient was a 60-year-old male with medically diagnosed anxiety and hypertension. A thorough history and exam were performed. Subluxations were determined through static and motion palpation, bilateral weight scales and posture analysis.
The management plan of the patient utilized the Thompson Technique protocol to deliver specific adjustments to the areas of vertebral subluxations. After six months of care the patient was no longer taking prescription medications to control his anxiety and hypertension and his blood pressure remained stable. (12)
Cell phones and pregnancy
In the last months of pregnancy the womb is affected by radiation the most. In her book Disconnect: The Truth about Cell Phone Radiation, Devra Davis, PhD, writes:
The womb in its last months of pregnancy is affected by radiation the most. The spinal cord of the baby is affected. In men … sperm count levels decrease with increased radiation.
Dr. Aviva Romm says, “The fetus is exposed at a much higher level than adults because they’re so small ... they’re laying down the architecture for their entire nervous system.”
Proximity is usually the most important factor in determining the amount of wireless radiation to which you are exposed. The more distance pregnant mothers can put between themselves and wireless devices the better. (13)
Hip Pain, Back Pain, Degenerative Discs, High Blood Pressure
I was going through a lot of hip pain and so a friend of mine introduced me to Dr. Horning. I started treatment for the hip and back pain and could see that I would get a lot of relief after he worked on me. I went for x-rays and had two degenerative disks.
I am now on maintenance to keep things feeling good.
I have suffered with high blood pressure for about 10 years, have been on just about every medicine out there for the problem and none of them brought my pressure down, and I suffered with all of the side effects. I took myself off all of the meds and it still surged. The medical doctors said I was in the stroke zone. The last blood pressure was about months ago, and it has soared to 223/112.
Since coming to the Horning Chiropractic Center, and for the last six months my pressure is down to 118/80. I am so amazed and I feel great. I’m 72 years old and I feel like things are certainly getting better. Praise God and I thank god that Dr. Horning has been such a tremendous help with bringing me to this point. L.H
More words of wisdom
- Honk if you love peace and quiet.
- Pardon my driving, I'm reloading.
- Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?
- Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
- It is hard to understand how a cemetery can raise its burial costs and blame it on the higher cost of living.
- You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
- Latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world population.
- If the shoe fits, get another one just like it.
- Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking.
- Flashlight: A case for holding dead batteries.
- The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in the dark.
- A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
- Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.
- I wished the buck stopped here, as I could use a few.
- I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
- When you go into court, you are putting yourself in the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Please write or stop by and give us your feedback. Are there any subjects you’d like to hear about? Anything you dislike? Feedback is always important to us. And, of course, if you’d like hard copies of this newsletter stop by the office and we’ll give you some for your friends and relatives. If they have email, have them write to us and we’ll add them to our subscriber list.
3. Energy Drinks and What They Do. Caffeininformer. Retrieved from http://www.caffeineinformer.com/energy-drink-ingredients September 19th, 2015
4. Ettinger J. Need a lift or a jolt? Natural vs. synthetic caffeine. Organic Authority.com. 12/2/11.
5. Thombs DL, O'Mara RJ, Tsukamoto M, Rossheim ME, Weiler RM, Merves ML & Goldberger BA. (2010). Event-level analyses of energy drink consumption and alcohol intoxication in bar patrons. Addictive Behaviors. 2010;35(4):325-330.
7. Null G. Death by Medicine. Mount Jackson, VA: Praktikos Books. 2011.
8. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Vital Statistics System mortality data. (2015). Available from URL: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/deaths.htm.
9. Stewart RB, Moore MT, May FE, Marks RG, Hale WE. A longitudinal evaluation of drug use in an ambulatory elderly population. J Clin Epidemiol. 1991;44:1353-1359.
10. Rupert, RL, Manello D, Sandefur R. Maintenance care: health promotion services to US chiropractic patients aged 65 and over, Part 11. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics. 2003;23(1):10.
11. Tedder N, Canfield SM. Improvement in multiple sclerosis symptomatology in a patient undergoing upper cervical chiropractic Care. Journal of Upper Cervical Chiropractic Research ~ August 24, 2015:30-33.
12. Prater-Manor S, Clifton E, York A. Resolution of anxiety & hypertension in a 60-year-old male following subluxation based chiropractic care: a case study & review of the literature. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. August 3, 2015:146-153.