In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help.
Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation.
Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This issue’s table of contents
- Did Life Arise by Accident?
- Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
- Finding a Holistic/Biological Dentist
- Positive Emotions May Shrink Cancer
- 8 Things that Happen When You Eat 2 Eggs Every Day
- Researching Chiropractic
- Did You Know?
- Success Story
In This issue…
Has there been enough time for life to arise by accident? Did you know that chiropractors used to run mental institutions because of the power of the adjustment? Can your outlook affect tumor growth? What happens to you when you eat two eggs a day? Words of Wisdom, Humor and more, in this issue.
Did Life Arise by Accident?
Was there a creation or did life arise by accident? For decades scientists said there was no beginning – the universe was always here. That was called the “steady state universe.”
However, in 1964 Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson accidentally discovered cosmic background radiation – an omnidirectional signal – the “echo” of the big bang. For this finding they were awarded the Nobel Prize in 1978.
There was a beginning to the universe, just as it said in the Bible. That put the question before chemists, physicists, cosmologists and other scientists – What about life?
The answer favored by some scientists was that given enough time life would arise. Since the universe is 13.7 billion years old they believed that enough random collections and interactions of matter would create complex living organisms. Was there enough time to do that? Apparently not.
According to Dr. I. Prigogine, recipient of two Nobel Prizes in chemistry:
The probability that at ordinary temperatures a macroscopic number of molecules is assembled to give rise to the highly ordered structures and to the coordinated functions characterizing living organisms is vanishingly small. The idea of spontaneous genesis of life in its present form is therefore highly improbable, even on the scale of the billions of years during which prebiotic evolution occurred... (1)
Sir Fred Hoyle, the distinguished astronomer, writes:
No matter how large the environment one considers, life cannot have had a random beginning. Troops of monkeys thundering away at random on typewriters could not produce the works of Shakespeare — for the practical reason that the whole observable universe is not large enough to contain the necessary monkey hordes, the necessary typewriters, and certainly the waste paper baskets for the deposition of wrong attempts. The same is true for living material. (2)
There simply hasn’t been enough time; there aren’t enough wastebaskets and there aren’t enough bananas.
Something cannot come from nothing. Physics tells us that before the “big bang” there were quantum fluctuations – laws of nature guiding the creation of matter and life.
For more on this fascinating subject see these videos by Gerald Schroeder, Ph.D.:
Creation in 6 Days or 15 Billion Years? at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGH6ey6c2rQ
Adam; the first person with a human soul at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSaVMv3HdUE
Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
Question: Is it true that Doctors of Chiropractic ran mental institutions?
Answer: Yes, chiropractic’s psychotherapeutic effects have been known since it was discovered in 1895 by Dr. DD Palmer (photo at left). The benefits of chiropractic were so pronounced that in the US there were hundreds of mental institutions and health centers (many called sanitariums) owned and run by Doctors of Chiropractic throughout the 20th century.
Both Clear View Sanitarium and Forest Park Sanitarium were in existence for over 40 years helping people using chiropractic.
Chiropractic care was recognized legally by North Dakota judge A.W. Ponath who would refuse to commit people to the state mental hospital until they first spent time at a chiropractic sanitarium. The chiropractic success rate with people with emotional/mental/alcoholism and other disorders was far higher than the medical approach of electric shock therapy and lobotomy. (At the North Dakota state mental hospital, the “cure and discharge rate” ranged from 18‑27%, compared to 65% at Forest Park Chiropractic Sanitarium.) (3) Electroconvulsive therapy is still used today and there is revived interest in brain surgery in orthodox medical circles
If at all possible, chiropractic should be explored before more drastic and dangerous medical procedures are used.
Finding A Holistic/Biological Dentist
Did you know there are approximately 800 “biological dentists” in the United States? These dentists specialize in non-toxic dental diagnostics and procedures. It is recommended to use these dentists so that you DON’T end up with a mouthful of amalgam (mercury) fillings and root canals.
Both root canals and mercury fillings have been linked to serious health problems, health problems that may not surface until decades after the fillings are placed in the mouth. These serious problems include multiple sclerosis (MS), Parkinson’s disease (PD), Alzheimer’s disease (AD), Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), various cancers, rheumatoid arthritis, depression and other neurological conditions. (4-5)
How do you find a holistic dentist? Go to the International Academy of Biological Dentistry & Medicine website at https://iabdm.org/ to find one near you. They are worth traveling to. At the very least, use them to get a second opinion.
Positive Emotions May Shrink Cancer
Earlier epidemiological studies have shown that there is a connection between a person’s mental state and cancer survival. (6)
Many of these studies show that negative emotions such as depression lessen a person’s chances of survival. However, what about positive emotions? Can they increase a person’s chances of survival?
An Israeli study explored that possibility and found that positive emotions may shrink cancer tumors by 50%. Scientists found that our anti-tumor immune response can be affected by our mood – technically referred to as the brain’s “reward system.”
The researchers explored the exact mechanisms affecting the tumor growth or shrinkage and could not find them so they came up with “indirect” (theoretical) mechanisms:
Given the central role of the reward system in positive emotions, these findings introduce a physiological mechanism whereby the patient’s psychological state can impact anti-tumor immunity and cancer progression. (7)
It is hoped that future research that looks at family dynamics, emotional health, one’s support system and overall belief system may hold the key to emotional health in the face of existential crises. For example, studies have shown that people in close communities and religious people have a greater lifespan and survival rate. (8)
It’s possible that we need our friends and family and traditions more than we ever realized.
8 Things that Happen When You Eat 2 Eggs Every Day
- Your neurons (brain cells) communicate better. Two eggs a day gives your body choline that is good for your brain.
- Your eyes and vision are helped. Chicken eggs contain lutein that keeps your eyesight clear and sharp and might lower your risk of getting cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Your bones and teeth get stronger. Vitamin D in eggs helps your body to absorb more calcium and makes your bones and teeth stronger.
- Your skin, hair and liver are healthier. Eggs nourish and strengthen your hair and liver. The vitamin A, B complex and collagen in eggs help rashes, acne, wrinkles, burns and scars.
- You will lose weight. Having eggs for breakfast every day helps boost your energy and keeps you feeling full longer through the day.
- Cardiovascular disease is reduced. The eggs’ cholesterol is beneficial to your health. Eggs contain Omega 3 fatty acids, which reduce triglyceride levels, thus lowering your risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- Cancer protection. Choline in eggs lowers the risk of developing cancer.
- Slow down aging. Wrinkles got smoother, age spots vanished and the skin was lifted when more eggs were added to the diet.
Note: There is a tremendous nutritional difference between free-range chicken eggs and commercially-farmed eggs. Don’t eat commercially-produced foods!!!
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seems to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Hearing loss in a six-year-old boy. A six-year-old boy with diagnosed mild to moderate hearing loss was brought in for care. He was falling behind in class and his speech was difficult to understand. Tympanostomy (ear tube insertion) was recommended.
The child was examined, found to have vertebral subluxations and adjusted.
He had 12 chiropractic visits/adjustments. Hearing, speech and school performance improved following chiropractic care and his hearing was reclassified to normal.
Additionally, he caught up with his class by the end of the third term of school and his speech improved. (9)
ADHD in a 38-year-old. A 38-year-old male patient entered a chiropractor’s office complaining of chronic headaches and adult onset attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). He was taking Adderall®, OxyContin® and Lortab®.
On examination, vertebral subluxations with correlated neurological imbalance were found.
After two months of chiropractic adjustments he reported a resolution of all his ADHD symptoms; he was able to focus and to exercise.
He was also able to stop taking medications for ADHD. (10)
Hand numbness and neck pain in a 46-year-old woman. A woman with hand numbness and neck pain began chiropractic care. Spinal analysis revealed that she had upper cervical (neck) subluxations, concurrent nervous system imbalance, a loss of the normal cervical curve and spinal degeneration.
Over a 4-month period she received 8 chiropractic adjustments.
Her neck pain decreased from 4/10 to 0/10 and her hand numbness completely resolved after two months of care. (11)
Did You Know?
- Macadamia nuts are toxic to dogs?
- Honey is the only natural food which never spoils?
- You burn more calories eating celery than it contains?
- The smallest bones in the human body are found in your ear?
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear?
- Coca-Cola originally contained cocaine?
- The fortune cookie was invented in San Francisco?
Neck Pain I can golf again!
I came to see Dr Horning because of neck pain. I had tried over the counter pain reliefs and went to another chiropractor but the pain kept coming back.
Once I began seeing Dr. Horning the pain began to subside after only a couple of weeks. Now a month and a half later I have very little discomfort I have resumed exercise and started to golf again.
I am very grateful to Dr Horning
If you've ever noticed, when Bart Simpson is writing something 100,000 times on the chalkboard as a punishment in the opening sequence of the Simpsons, he is always writing something different -- and often quite hilarious. These are some of the collected writings of Bart Simpson from the chalkboard exercises during the opening credits.
- The principal's toupee is not a Frisbee.
- I will not call the principal "spud head."
- Goldfish don't bounce.
- Mud is not one of the 4 food groups.
- No one is interested in my underpants.
- I will not sell miracle cures.
- I will return the seeing-eye dog.
- I do not have diplomatic immunity.
- I am not deliciously saucy.
- I will never win an Emmy.
- The cafeteria deep fryer is not a toy.
- I will not charge admission to the bathroom.
- All work and no play makes Bart a dull boy.
- I will not say "Springfield" just to get applause.
- I am not authorized to fire substitute teachers.
- My homework was not stolen by a one-armed man.
- I will not go near the kindergarten turtle.
1. Prigogine I, Gregair N, Babybitz A. Thermodynamics of evolution. Physics Today. 1972;25(11):23-28.
2. Hoyle F, Wickramasinghe C. Evolution from Space. London: J.M. Dent & Sons, 1981:19, 24,27.
3. Asher C. Stark Corridors (First edition). Washington, DC: Dulaun Press, 1939.
4. Huggins HA, Levy TE. Cerebrospinal fluid protein changes in multiple sclerosis after dental amalgam removal. Alternative Medicine Review. 1998;3(4):295-300.
5. Huggins H et al. (2004). Mercury & other toxic metals in humans: proceedings of the First International Conference on Biocompatibility of Materials. Matrix, Inc.:150.
6. Chida Y, Hamer M, Wardle J, Steptoe A. Do stress-related psychosocial factors contribute to cancer incidence and survival? Nat. Clin. Pract. Oncol. 2008;5:466-475.
7. Ben-Shaanan TL, Schiller M, Azulay-Debby H et al. (2018, July 13). Modulation of anti-tumor immunity by the brain’s reward system. Retrieved from https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-05283-5
8. Kark JD, Shemi G, Friedlander Y et al. Does religious observance promote health? Mortality in secular vs religious kibbutzim in Israel. American Journal of Public Health. 1996;86(3):341-346.
9. Ng K. Resolution of hearing loss, improved speech & school performance following chiropractic management of vertebral subluxations in a male child: a case study. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic. July 16, 2018:77-83.
10. Pellegrino A, McNulty E. Resolution of adult onset attention deficit hyperactivity disorder following chiropractic care for management of vertebral subluxations: a case report & review of the literature. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. June 11, 2018:95-107.
11. Herman C, Harris J. Resolution of neck pain, upper extremity paresthesia & dysautonomia in a 46-year-old female with loss of cervical curve and spinal degeneration using Blair Upper Cervical technique: a case study & review of the literature. Journal of Upper Cervical Chiropractic Research. July 9, 2018:26-32.