September 1, 2019
In our continuing quest to introduce more people (including children) to the
benefits of chiropractic care we are offering a complimentary consultation to see if chiropractic can help. Call the office for an appointment and bring in this page in order to receive your FREE consultation. Call now: 856-778-8688
Enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – the largest natural, drug-free, surgery-free, expressive healthcare system in the world.
More and more families are discovering that periodic chiropractic checkups and adjustments promote health and healing without drugs and dangerous medical treatments.
More and more people are turning away from symptom treatment and choosing natural ways of achieving and maintaining health.
Tired of taking drugs and the medical runaround? Welcome to the world of chiropractic – discover how natural health can be.
This Issue’s Table of Contents
- The Magic of Chiropractic
- Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
- Nourishing Traditions
- What About Sunscreen?
- Did You Know?
- Researching Chiropractic
- Success story
In This Issue…
The magic of chiropractic care. How should you feel after an adjustment? An incredible free anti-cancer nutrient you can have right now (depending on when and where you are reading this).
While you’re at it – avoid sunscreens – they make you sick and cause deep skin burning. Not doing this may save a life. A cheap way to avoid a stroke. And some more chiropractic “miracles.” Don’t forget the humor – all in this issue.
The Magic of Chiropractic
The magic of the chiropractic adjustment
At the moment that you receive a chiropractic adjustment to correct your subluxations, hundreds, if not thousands, of your body functions and activities are affected. The flow of nerve impulses over your brain, spinal cord, spinal (and other) nerves to your internal organs and tissues is normalized, and your body begins to rebalance, renew and rebuild itself.
Many patients report a feeling of relaxation, or a warm soothing feeling in various parts of their bodies. Some feel very relaxed or energetic, or both! Most people find that the health conditions that brought them to their chiropractor soon begin to lessen. Some people however, may initially feel no difference. A person may initially feel muscle soreness or some other uncomfortable feeling after an adjustment.
What causes these reactions?
Some reactions are a detoxification; it’s good to drink a lot of water afterwards. Sometimes weak, underused muscles may become sore for a brief period as they strengthen.
Old injuries that haven't healed completely may "reawaken" for more complete healing. Memories and feelings associated with the original injury may also come to the surface. This phenomenon is known as "retracing" and is part of the healing process.
Some people are in such good general health that they may feel no difference, while others may feel no difference for the opposite reason – they are so ill or toxic that they have lost sensitivity to their body.
As you continue your care...
As you continue your care you may begin to notice:
- Better balance, smoother movement and more energy.
- Increased awareness of your spine and body stress.
- Increased ability to breathe more deeply.
- An increased desire to exercise, go for walks and play.
The most important benefits
The true benefits of the adjustment are usually found below the level of consciousness. It is when the nerve communication to the heart, lungs, joints, sexual organs, skin, eyes, ears and the brain itself are improved that the true benefits of chiropractic are experienced.
Questions and Answers About Chiropractic
Question: Are people under chiropractic care healthier?
Answer: Not only healthier but happier too!
Making chiropractic care a regular part of your life will help you and your family on many levels. Keeping your spine and nervous system free of subluxations (nerve interference) is good for your brain, organs, and entire body and mind.
Studies reveal that people under chiropractic care experience wellness in many areas of their lives. For example, chiropractic patients in two studies reported improved physical and mental/emotional health, better ability to deal with stress and more life enjoyment. (1-2)
Another study revealed that chiropractic patients reported improved physical functioning, less bodily pain, improved general health, greater vitality, better social functioning and improved mental health. (3)
Chiropractic has been especially effective with improving the life of the elderly. In one study of people 75 years of age and older, those under chiropractic care enjoyed better overall health, fewer chronic conditions, less days in nursing homes and hospitals, more mobility and were less likely to use prescription drugs than non-chiropractic patients. 87% of chiropractic patients described their health as excellent compared to just 67.8% of non-chiropractic patients. (4)
What can YOU expect?
Chiropractic care is individualized; the care you receive will be unique for your body and needs and the benefits you receive will be unique for you. Be sensitive to your body and communicate with us – tell us what changes you experience after your visits.
Get lots of sunlight!!! Sunlight is good for you. It is an essential nutrient.
Sunlight protects you from high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, and many cancers. Richard Weller, MD discovered one mechanism – the skin uses sunlight to make nitric oxide (NO). NO lowers blood pressure and lessens heart disease and strokes.
Sunlight is good for your brain; it stimulates production of serotonin and endorphins so you’re in a better mood at the beach. Epidemiological studies show that sunlight reduces the risk of prostate, breast, colorectal and pancreatic cancers. Sunlight also improves circadian rhythms, reduces inflammation, dampens autoimmune responses and improves virtually every mental condition. Most important, it’s free.
What about skin cancer and melanoma? Skin cancer kills very few people: for every person who dies of skin cancer, more than 100 die from cardiovascular diseases. The deadly type of skin cancer, melanoma, accounts for only 1 to 3% of skin cancers. Studies show that long-term sun exposure is associated with less melanoma. Outdoor workers have half the melanoma rate of indoor workers and tanned people have lower rates too.
An interesting comment was made by Dr. Weller who works in a skin hospital in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia that is near the equator and above 7,500 feet, so it receives massive UV radiation. Despite that, says Weller, “I have not seen a skin cancer. And yet Africans in Britain and America are told to avoid the sun.” (5)
Read the entire article, Sunscreen the New Margarine? by Rowen Jacobsen,
What About Sunscreen?
Sunscreen may cause skin cancer. Sunscreen shields from the UVB rays that cause sunburn but not the UVA rays that cause skin cancer.
SPF ratings refer only to UVB rays, so many users may be absorbing far more UVA radiation than they realize. Meanwhile, many common sunscreen ingredients have been found to be hormone disruptors that can be detected in users’ blood and breast milk.
The worst offender, oxybenzone, also mutates the DNA of corals and is believed to be killing coral reefs. Hawaii and the western Pacific nation of Palau have already banned it, to take effect in 2021 and 2020 respectively, and other governments are expected to follow. (6)
Did You Know?
The countries that vaccinate the most have the highest infant death rate and the countries that vaccinate the least have the lowest infant death rate?
In Human and Experimental Toxicology Journal a paper revealed a direct statistical link between higher vaccine doses and infant mortality rates: the more vaccines forced upon children by medical authorities the higher the number of infant deaths.
The United States administers the highest number of vaccines of any nation and also has the highest number of infant deaths. (7)
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seems to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Stroke in a 50-year-old woman. A woman with a 10-month history of left hemiplegia (paralysis on the left side of the body) after a hemorrhagic stroke began chiropractic care. A hemorrhagic stroke occurs when a blood vessel in the brain bleeds and a part of the brain is oxygen deprived.
Her ability to move her arm and leg, as well as standing, balancing, posture and walking were all affected. Additionally, she had neck pain and a “constant dull ache” headache.
The cause of the stroke was an adverse reaction to AVA 30, an oral contraceptive pill, in combination with the medication tranexamic acid.
Chiropractic care located and corrected her vertebral subluxations. She had 17 visits over a ten-week period and began to show improvement in her strength and physical functioning by her second visit.
She continued to improve in posture, neck range of motion (ROM), overall muscle function and nervous system balance. Sadly, she discontinued care after her neurologist told her 3rd party payer that “chiropractic care increased the risk of a stroke” (an unproven, baseless claim). (8)
Resolution of brachial plexus palsy following birth trauma. A 14-day-old baby boy suffered from a brachial plexus (nerve) injury following a traumatic Caesarean birth.
The child suffered from lack of muscle tone (hypotonicity) of the right arm that was so severe that his arm was virtually non-functional.
Chiropractic correction/adjustment was made of the atlas (C1) vertebra. His right arm muscle tone began to immediately improve. The parents were “astonished!” Two days later, at the next chiropractic visit, the muscle tone in his arm was almost normal (about 90%) compared to the left side. Four days following, his right arm was at 100%. (9)
Complaints following surgery. A 37-year-old man complained of nausea, fatigue, gastric reflux, dizziness and migraines following surgical removal of a vestibular schwannoma (a rare benign tumor on the 8th cranial nerve that leads from the brain to the inner ear).
He was adjusted six times in five weeks. One month after beginning care, he had much improvement in nausea, fatigue and gastric reflux. Dizziness and migraines completely resolved. (10)
After 2 sessions with Dr. Horning I was able to move my neck left to right without pain. Talking about magic hands.
It all starts with an All-Star staff that is very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Then you get to meet The Man, Dr. Horning, He explains everything he is going to do, shows you the x-rays and compares them with normal x-rays. He delivers great results and has soft hands.
I have been suffering from back/neck pain for years and took a few spinal injections that did not do anything, now is all looking really good and pain free thanks to Dr. Horning. If you are in pain, do not wait, go see Dr. Horning, you will be amazed and pain free very quickly.
Albert Einstein taught advanced physics at Princeton University. A famous exchange with a student went as follows:
Student: “Dr. Einstein, aren’t these the same questions as last year's [physics] final exam?”
Dr. Einstein: “Yes; But this year the answers are different.”
TOP 10 SIGNS YOU'VE JOINED A CHEAP HMO
10. Annual breast exam conducted at Hooters.
9. Directions to your doctor's office include, "take a left when you enter the trailer park."
8. Tongue depressors taste faintly of Fudgesicle.
7. Only proctologist in the plan is "Gus" from Roto-Rooter.
6. Only item listed under Preventive Care feature of coverage is "an apple a day".
5. Your "primary care physician" is wearing the pants you gave to Goodwill last month.
4. "Patient responsible for 200% of out-of-network charges" is not a typo.
3. The only expense covered 100% is embalming.
2. With your last HMO, your medication didn't come in different colors with little "M"'s on them.
And the Number 1 sign you've joined a cheap HMO...
1. You ask for Viagra. You get a popsicle stick and duct tape.
Please write or stop by and give us your feedback. Are there any subjects you’d like to hear about? Anything you dislike? Feedback is always important to us. And, of course, if you’d like hard copies of this newsletter stop by the office and we’ll give you some for your friends and relatives. If they have email, have them write to us and we’ll add them to our subscriber list.
1. Marino MJ, Phillippa ML. A longitudinal assessment of chiropractic care using a survey of self-rated health wellness & quality of life: a preliminary study. JVSR. 1999; 3(2):1-9.
2. Blanks RHI, Schuster TL. A retrospective assessment of network care using a survey of self-rated health, wellness and quality of life. JVSR. 1997;1(4):1.
3. Owens EF, Hoiriis KT, Burd D. Changes in general health status during upper cervical chiropractic care: PBR report. Chiropractic Research Journal. 1998;V(1):9-16.
4. Study associates chiropractic with better health in the elderly. Today's Chiropractic. November/December 1996. Originally published by the Foundation for Chiropractic Education and Research.
5. Liu D, Fernandez B, Hamilton A et al. UVA irradiation of human skin vasodilates arterial vasculature and lowers blood pressure independently of nitric oxide synthase. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 2014;134(7):1839-1846.
7. Miller NZ, Goldman GS. Infant mortality rates regressed against the number of vaccine doses routinely given: is there a biochemical or synergistic toxicity? Human and Experimental Toxicology. 2011;30(9):1420-1428.
8. Russell D, Doyle M. Hemorrhagic stroke: improved motor function & decreased dysponesis following chiropractic care to reduce vertebral subluxation: a case report & review of the literature. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. May 13, 2019:59-65.
9. Cooper K, Alcantara J. Resolution of brachial plexus palsy from birth trauma following chiropractic care to reduce vertebral subluxation: a case report & review of the literature. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic. June 3, 2019:59-62.
10. Harden J, Smedley L. Improvement in vestibular dysfunction & quality of life following chiropractic care in a male suffering from post-surgical complications for vestibular schwannoma: a case report & review of the literature. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. March 18, 2019:34-44.